October Country “Pushing Daisies” Patches

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I got my patches, and they sent my order wrong.:rolleyes:
The .015 came in .40-49, and the .018 in .50-59
So at least I have both sizes to try, I guess I can email them about it. I'd just order more to get the right sizes, but the shipping...

Dang those .40-49 are tiny looking!

Go up and Read my Post #12, You can see what a 40-49 Daisy Patch looks like with a .530 Ball in it, Started in the Barrel, PERFECT in my Opinion

I started cutting my own, I also don't like them to be too big.
I like them to have a bit more than what Lew showed above, just so if I get it a bit off centered I'm not left with one side that will leak gas by it. When I suddenly get a shot that throws it quite a bit left or right out of the group I believe that is the culprit. I did some shooting this weekend, experimenting with linen patches, and had 3 shots in the bull but then it threw a fourth shot out to the right about 3" from the group. I think I either didn't get it centered or perhaps didn't get it lubed all the way out to the edge and it burned through on one side. With my .029" fiber optic front sight (too big of a reference!) I normally just fight elevation variations. At 50 yards a .029" sight easily covers up a 3" bull and requires very careful aiming, wish I could find a .010" sized one like I run on my bow...but I digress...
For my .54 I cut 1-3/16" X 1-3/16" square patches, then take a clip off each corner with scissors. Fully encases the entire sides of the ball but leaves the middle top of the ball open where the short starter and ramrod make contact.

I intentionally use a Much Smaller Patch, i have had REALLY good luck doing so 👍 A little over halfway up the Ball is ALL that’s needed for me. A regular Size Patch will “Pinch/Grab” The Short Starter, is it a Big deal? Probably not? But it REALLY Bugged me! This is why i Started using Smaller Patches. My experience is fairly limited here (Patched Roundball) But i have had REALLY Good luck with what I’ve Chosen to do, So I’m going with it👍
Thanks Lewis. BTW, I've watched alot of your video's... very helpful info all the way around, thank you! 👍

Have you noticed any difference in shooting/grouping between the smaller and bigger size patches? (ie: .40-49 vs .50-59 of same thickness)
The patches my buddy gave me were .015, but a good bit bigger than even the .50-59 daisy's I got.

Does anyone have any 'Pushing Daisies' patches they would be willing to trade?

Looking for .015 pillow tick for .50-59, and .018 pillow tick for .40-49

I have .015 pillow tick in .40-.49 AND .018 pillow tick in .50-.59 I could trade you some of.

They are so light, we could mail in an envelope with a stamp. Maybe 25-50 of each size? My order got messed up, and I figured this might be an easy solution if someone has some and is interested in a trade.

(Oct country messed up my order, just trying a simple solution that may benefit someone else also, before return/reorder)

Does anyone have any 'Pushing Daisies' patches they would be willing to trade?

Looking for .015 pillow tick for .50-59, and .018 pillow tick for .40-49

I have .015 pillow tick in .40-.49 AND .018 pillow tick in .50-.59 I could trade you some of.

They are so light, we could mail in an envelope with a stamp. Maybe 25-50 of each size? My order got messed up, and I figured this might be an easy solution if someone has some and is interested in a trade.

(Oct country messed up my order, just trying a simple solution that may benefit someone else also, before return/reorder)

If i have any i will gladly send you some to try 👍 I can’t remember which ones I bought? I think only the .40-.49, But i will Dig them out and Check

October Country is just shy of 1 Hour South of me, I drive by it fairly often and stop in from time to time

I used them in my grrw-ca hawken and they were great and easy to use I have my own special "moose juice" I use on them I won the match but that is not unusual because this rifle is a tack driver Ron did a beautiful job on my rifle btw it has a original 7 land 7 groove grrw barrel on it I've been trying to find another plum center barrel but no luck yet !

Back