Not Good

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's amazing is that if our Gov would implicate the people that started this S&L scandal half of congress and the senate along with that Barney Frank character would end up in Gitmo.

It's getting bad out there for sure. I hope they don't end up getting bought out

I'm not that interested in buying a new gun from a company that may not be in business next year.

This situation was made by big Companies and that is big companies and their employees that will pay the price.We have to go back to locals companies with just a few employees and prices will go down, and customers will be there to buy and make the wheel turn again.
We rely too much on Walmart's,big Outdoors like Cabella's,BassPro and other.Rely on your Proshop,local grocery store and you'll see price go down.
Here in Quebec ,Canada , when Fuel barrels go down in price, here the opposit occur,price at the pump go high.We are at a low $4.00 a gallon ,last summer we were at $6.76 a gallon.
Taureau noir

I'm not that interested in buying a new gun from a company that may not be in business next year.

Not surprised coming from someone with a grudge and surprisingly against an American company.

I highly doubt that the most popular brand of muzzleoader in the US as well as best designed mainstream muzzleloaders will be disappearing anytime soon. They have their own micro economy with Gunsmiths,millions of spare parts and tons of aftermarket suppliers something you can't say for other brands.

Funny how they never lay off management!? I got laid off on Jan. 14th from a machine shop. One of thirty eight. The shop is one of the largest manufacturers of punch press tooling in the US.

yeah it is weird huh. Auto companies never fired their ceo's or poor car designers, its always the person who does the real labor that gets the **** bucket.

kind of like taxes. The rich have plenty of ways to save their money from those high taxes, The poor dont care what the taxes are because they dont make enough to pay taxes. The middle class is the one who again, gets hit with the **** bucket.

Funny how they never lay off management!? I got laid off on Jan. 14th from a machine shop. One of thirty eight. The shop is one of the largest manufacturers of punch press tooling in the US.

Sorry to hear about your plight and hope you find employment soon , I have some friends that have been laid off at GM and they were there almost their entire working lifetimes.

How very true. If i was that incompetent I would hope I would be shown the door but evidently it's a rich boys club and if your not a member your the sacrifiicial lamb. I think TC just leaned to heavy on the muzzleloading aspect of the game and grew too fast for it to be just a muzzleloader and specialty pistol company . They should have diversified into CF rifles as a mainstay of their product line. They came in too late and overcharged on actually a pretty decent CF rifle that should have been priced a few hundred less.

Hello to all; I will say this one thing about labor unions. They warned us twenty years ago about free trade. Not many listened then and they won't now. I remmember back in the eighty's when the wife's brother and her father purchased new Toyota's. I was laid off from General Motor's for thirteen months. They didn't care then and they don't probably care now. Remember that old saying? The chicken's are coming home looking for a place to sleep.

jenks said:
Hello to all; I will say this one thing about labor unions. They warned us twenty years ago about free trade. Not many listened then and they won't now. I remmember back in the eighty's when the wife's brother and her father purchased new Toyota's. I was laid off from General Motor's for thirteen months. They didn't care then and they don't probably care now. Remember that old saying? The chicken's are coming home looking for a place to sleep.
+1 Lee

I lost 40% of my staff the second week in December and I am pesonally trying to do the work of three people.

When people try to complain, they are told "Hey, be thankfull you are still working, as there are a lot of people who would love your job"!!

Don't ya just love Corporate America??

Thank God for weekends as it gives me a chance to catch up on the work I couldn't do during the week. SIGH :cry:

Its not all corporate greed thats screwing this country up

Just last week I had to get into one of the guys that's been shooting with us for a while. After a round of skeet we came into the club for a bite to eat. I see he got rid of his Ford pickup and was driving a new Toyota Tundra. I give up preaching to people. I've been on temporary layoff from GM since the 1st of the year and thats how the discussion started. Then he said something that really pissed me off. He stated his son was laid off from Ford. Thats when I started to boil. I said Tim you got to be some kind of an A$$hole to go out and buy a Tundra when you have a kid thats laid off from Ford. :x Then I hear the song and dance well Toyota gave me a better deal than I could get through Ford even with the discount. Just irks the hell out of me to hear stuff like that. He did say he liked his Fords better than the Toyota. Sometimes people don't use their heads when they shop. Here where I live Ford and GM are the two biggest contributors to our local economy. I don't think people around here realize that or care, but if there ever comes a day when both Ford and GM idles there plants here. Well then I want to hear the bitching from the Toyota and such drivng people in my community. How come property taxes are going up. I'll just say take a look at your Toyota, Hundai or whatever foriegn nameplate you drive and put 2+2 together. The Ford and GM plants paid a big chunk of your taxes. Now we might not have this problem if there were more Fords or Chevys parked in the driveway in our nieghborhoods not just here but everywhere.

str8shooter48 said:
Its not all corporate greed thats screwing this country up

I don't think it does any good to *****. It's never that persons fault it's everyone else's.

I retired with a medical retirement from GM in '95, I had 31.5 years. I do have one dodge but I have 5 GM's in my driveway. But even with a Ford or GM, you need to watch where the parts came from. GM is getting a lot from Mexico. There quality is so bad I don't think they know what quality is. Lional Trains left Michigan and went to Mexico, they came back and said they were sorry. The quality was so bad they lost a lot of business. Thats when Reagon decide it was good to sent jobs there.

Dave

you got to be some kind of an A$$hole to go out and buy a Tundra when you have a kid thats laid off from Ford. Then I hear the song and dance well Toyota gave me a better deal than I could get through Ford even with the discount. Just irks the hell out of me to hear stuff like that. He did say he liked his Fords better than the Toyota. Sometimes people don't use their heads when they shop. Here where I live Ford and GM are the two biggest contributors to our local economy. I don't think people around here realize that or care, but if there ever comes a day when both Ford and GM idles there plants here

Corporate Greed is not screwing up America? WOW that is all I can say. The same three moron CEOS that first flew on their private jets to ask congress for money and after being criticized came in private cars on the second visit. If GM had a CEO with a pulse and half a brain they would blow away all their competition. They have the best designers and Engineers on the planet. They do however have more cost accountants then any other company on earth and it shows on how they cut corners.
These car companies are being run not by car or truck people but by greedy underachieving morons that just see the bottomline and build what is selling not what people need down the road . The Likes of Lee Iacocca will never again be seen by the US car industry unless they get the right people in there again and go a different direction.

BTW Doesn't about every foreign car manufacturer except the Germans make their cars right here in the good ole USA? Doesn't Toyota run 10 plants in the US along with a few in Canada? Doesn't General Motors import engines from Brazil and Mexico as does Ford? There is nothing wrong with Free trade that is what built our country. What is wrong is the playing field is not LEVEL ..where your competing nations sell you everything and you have tariffs imposed on your products when they go there. You know the CHinese undervalue their currency on purpose and US administration after US administration allow it to happen and do nothing about it. Walmart where everyone gets their cheap Chinese goods is from Arkansas and you know what famous first family came from there. Isn't it coincidental that the William Jefferson clinton foundation received millions legally and illegally from the Asians? Last time I checked he was a frigging Democrat you know the people that support labor unions. Yep all those happy Walmart shoppers getting good deals at what expense?

I won't buy a junk car. I have 2 Toyotas and I love them. I can't afford to have a car that's broke all the time. I also need one that gets good mileage. There are no American made cars that get good mileage.

Build a good car that gets good mileage for a reasonable price, and I'll buy one.

The head of GM admitted when he was begging for money, that GM made poor quality products and had let the American public down.

Back