No more "Mr. nice guy" .....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kodiak

Reaction score
The Missouri regular firearms season opened last Sat. and some of us went out with our muzzleloaders anyway. A couple of the guys tagged does on Sat. but nothing on Sunday. On both of those days, I passed on the same small 6 point buck, at about 75 yards both times. Well within range of the new .50 cal. Knight Disc Extreme loaded with a 250 Shockwave. I said I would hold-out for a bigger buck, but no more Mr. nice guy :p :p . Come Tuesday AM,( hopefully) that little rascal will get a tag hung on him. It rained us out today, maybe Tue. will be clear and cold.

On both of those days, I passed on the same small 6 point buck
Here in northern Missouri, that 6 point buck would be safe! Our bucks have to have a minimum 4 points per side to be legal.
It rained us out today, maybe Tue. will be clear and cold.
It is supposed to snow 1-4 inches here and have wind gusts to 45 mph Tuesday, not the best of days to be in a treestand! Hope the weather is better in your part of the state!

Yep, looks to me like hunting is pretty much gonna be the pits here until about Thursday - with the possible exception of tomorrow evening (if the winds are as predicted now - 10 to 20 WNW). I've seen a grand total of three deer at this point. Two of those were just fleeting glimpses through heavy brush.

The other one (Saturday morning) I probably shouldn't talk about. :oops: I missed a decent buck with my 6 year old grandson as a witness.

Nic_58,

I live in NE MO, and in Marion, Ralls, Pike, Lewis, Clark, Knox and a couple of others, we can still hunt these smaller bucks. In the "antler-point restriction counties", you have to have 4 points on one side to be legal. The brow-tine (eyeguard) must be 1" long to count as a point. Good huntin' to ya,

A big doe came out even before I got to the stand this morning, so in a 38 degree cold rain she caught a 250 Shockwave and I got to back up to her with the old Ranger 4x4. God, what a muddy job this was! But then nobody said it would be easy, right? The car-wash owner really hates me right about now :wink: . I think I'll wait 'till muzzleloader season to hunt again, as I still have the "any-deer tag.". It opens on Nov. 25th.

Opening day in lower michigan(15th) rain all day......not just a drizzle either....i had to wear my raingear, and still got wet ......not a good day. Seen a small 8....and a 6 point...couple of does. Nothing i want yet......today was a bust with 20-30 mile winds....starting snowing late today. Tom. is a high of 30.....slight winds yay!!!!

Latest posts

Back