Nickel plated Springfield 311 20 gauge

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark1945

Reaction score
I have a friend who inherited a Springfield 311 A 20 gauge thats nickel plated . Has anyone ever seen or heard of a factory nickel one ? His grandfather left it to him and he thinks that it was bought new that way. I have a couple of 311 12 gauges but never saw a nickel one it looks to have had gold plating on the triggers as well but its almost completly worn off . It has a trashed stock and he cant decide if its worth the expense of replacing it or just leaving it alone . He asked me what its worth and I dont have a clue. First nickel plated shotgun I ever saw . Anybody ever see one?

Springfield/Stevens 311: The nickel/chrome plated guns were done after an order was placed, the biggest problem with them was after time the nickle started to change color and chrome ones started to flake off (not very popular with those shooting these guns). 

The average price range for one of these shotguns is in the $250 - $700 depending on condition. The chrome plated ones usually go for less money / nickle ones bring about the same as blued ones, condition is everything.

images
Chrome Model​

Buck its got no flaking but nickel has changed color some has a few dull spots but should be expected for its age.
20_gau10.jpg
20_gau11.jpg

Latest posts

Back