New Traditions Pursuit Lt

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ralph in Mn

Reaction score
Ok, I am new to muzzleloading and I have a new Pursuit LT.
Questions I have:
What is th LT for, it isnt an automobile so maybe it means light?
Is this thing going to tear my shoulder off?
What is a good bullet to use - target and deer hunting?
What would be a good sight to purchase as the sights that are on it are
made of plastic, I think.
Do Cabellas stores really have BH 209 in stock?
Anything else I should be asking?
Thanks
Ralph

i had a PURSUIT LT ..the frame is made of ALLOY and after 50 odd shots it was worn out ..i had play in the hinge pins ,and sometimes the fire pin would hit off center and the primer would not go off [the deer loved it ] i sent it back to have it repaired ,they could not so they refunded me and i bought a TRADITION PRO it had a steel frame ,better built ,good shooter,but the trigger pull was just horrible [ at least 12 lbs. ] sometimes i could not close the action and had to slam it shut ..i also sent it back and got the new PRO full camo ,also sold that one and ended up with a T/C ENCORE and never looked back [ MADE IN THE USA ] QUALITY BUILT ...

Blackhorn

Cabelas in WI. carries Blackhorn, but prices are high, I have found other places that are $4 to $5 less per can.

Pursuit Lt

I have one as well, but have no complaints after a year of use. I use 80gr of BH209 and a 490 buffalo lead bullet, shoots to 2" at 100yds. used it to take an 850 cow buffalo last week and worked perfectly.

Latest posts

Back