New Triumph with Pics and scope question...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phillymac23

Reaction score
I just got my new Triumph yesterday and my local gun store was out of scope bases. I went to Wal-Mart and got a set of TC Gorilla base and rings and mounted it this morning. The rings are see thru, never used those before. My question is are the TC base and rings any good? I can replace them once my store gets some more in but if they are reliable I'll just leave them on. Anyone used them?

IMG_3411.jpg

IMG_3417.jpg

IMG_3413.jpg

phillymac23

TC mounts are not that bad at all. I am just not a fan of 'see through' gets the scope up to far off the barrel for me. But, there are also a lot of folks that like them. My preference has always been to get the scope as close to the barrel as I can.

Doesn't look like they give you much option/room to move your scope back and forth so you can fit your head to the eye relief...

You might be able to see in this picture - with the Warne base I have more room to move the scope forward or back - what ever I might need.

StockSwappingorig.jpg

See through mounts often have a bad effect on peoples off hand accuracy because you have to lift your head up off the stock to see through the scope, thats like trying to drive a car by looking in a mirror.

They might work just fine. If not, then replace them. Nice looking rifle and set up you have there.

i use the gorilla mounts on my Accura. But whoa! That scope sits pretty darned high on that rifle.

DSCN0440-1.jpg

T/C base and Warne medium QD rings.

I'm not a big fan of peek-a-boo mounts. When it's real thick or real nasty, I just remove the scope and put it in my pack.

ymmv,

Jim

Like Dave said,if it works shoot it.
I would use the warne base for more eye relief adjustment on that gun
On my CVA's the Gorilla's work fine.
Congrats on the new set up.

I understand (haven't shot one) the Triumph can be a real kicker. I don't think I would want my cheek elevated off the stock unless it was about two feet of elevation. :wink: But you won't know until you try them.

i have used the t/c gorilla rings and bases on afew m/l's and they have worked good for me.personally i like the see thru rings as i hunt in the thick stuff.my triumph throws up to my shoulder and my eye lines up quick and natural to the scope with the see thru's.........karl

I dont't like see through mounts and that setup looks like you have NO room to adust for eye relief.

shooter44n45 said:
I dont't like see through mounts and that setup looks like you have NO room to adust for eye relief.
you can turn the longer of the two bases around and have plenty of room to move the scope around...karl

jaybez101099 said:
Check out the Talley one piece mounts in med. They fit and work real well.

+1 for one piece mounts. I have not tried the Talley's. I went with a DNZ ( dead nutz) one piece mount (med) on my Encore PH last year and I love it. The one piece mounts require no lapping and they are rock solid.

stinkworm said:
jaybez101099 said:
Check out the Talley one piece mounts in med. They fit and work real well.

+1 for one piece mounts. I have not tried the Talley's. I went with a DNZ ( dead nutz) one piece mount (med) on my Encore PH last year and I love it. The one piece mounts require no lapping and they are rock solid.

+1 for the Dednutz

Count me in as one who is not a fan of see-thru mounts. I like my scope to be as close to the bore as possible.

I stopped at Dick's today and got a Weaver one piece mount. I still have my Leupold 1" rings I used on the CVA Wolf I took the scope off of. I'll have to figure out how to get the blue loctite off of the rings screws first. Thanks for the reply everyone I'm only out of $11 bucks for the TC rings they were on clearance.

I have the TC Gorilla mounts on my Triumph. Mine are the standard mounts and the scope sits down on the barrel. IMO for the money you cant beat the Gorillas. $20.00 for rings and bases and I have had no problems.

I got a Weaver base and used my Leupold medium rings I had on my previous gun. I hope this setup works out better.

IMG_3621.jpg

IMG_3622.jpg

Back