Question about T/C Speed Shots

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tpcollins

Reaction score
T/C has a muzzleloader sling with slots in it to hold (2) of their Speed Shots (quick loads). When I enlarge the picture, it looks like they show a sabot with (2) pellets. Can loose powder be used without the powder slipping past the sabot and winding up on the wrong side to load? My 3F Triple 7 is really fine but the BH209 is similar to pea gravel almost. Otherwise you might have to use a wad of some sort and then getting the sabot back out after pouring in the powder might be a challenge.

tpcollins

The 'speed loader' shown in that slig picture is designed for pellets and sabot... There is nothing to separate the powder from the projectile. Loading loose powder in will allow powder to drop into the petals of the sabot... I have a set of three, I bought for some reason - have not figured out why yet as I use loose....

Here is the 'loader by itself...

https://secure.tcarms.com/store/rip-cor ... -9613.html

I use them with BH all the time for years some times a few granules of powder stick to the pinch point between the bullet and the sabot, BH less than the others I have never worried about it and it has never caused a problem. I carry a couple of quick loaders in an upper vest pocket and as many reloads for them as I think I might need [depends on if I am traveling or around home] in Lanes tubes. It has worked quite well for me I have been using T C quick loaders ever since they came out, use them with PRB for years.

I have that sling on my Triumph. Theyre just tubes. I shoot trip 7 so i cant use them.

I had that sling and didn't like it.
The loaders rode to high on it for me.
I use Lanes Tubes exclusively.

speed loader

U can make Lane's tubes to speed loaders. The idea I thought was slow down hunting w/ BP? I use Lanes and was able to get off a kill shot on a reload. I do not want to do it again.

Latest posts

Back