New ratcheting EZ Tool

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dwhunter said:
How are you guys cleaning the back of barrel thread area without removing the bolt? Are you just leaving old grease and muck and screwing the breech plug back in? :?
12 ga bore brush[nylon],brakleen[spray],blow out with compressed air[toward muzzle], couple of dry swabs ,spotless....

oper2nyst said:
dwhunter said:
How are you guys cleaning the back of barrel thread area without removing the bolt? Are you just leaving old grease and muck and screwing the breech plug back in? :?
12 ga bore brush[nylon],brakleen[spray],blow out with compressed air[toward muzzle], couple of dry swabs ,spotless....

I still don't understand how you clean it without removing the bolt. What you just said works great with the bolt out.

big6x6 said:
Rifleman said:
Anybody bought one of these yet? Do they work good?

I HAVE ONE! :D

For a SHORT summary...I can only say that this is EXACTLY what I've always thought an EZ-Tool SHOULD be! This is absolutely one well thought out item. It works PERFECTLY even with fixed scopes! Thanks Pocampo for a GREAT tool!

DANG!!! Mine is on the way tho! Glad it works!!! cant wait to get mine!

dwhunter said:

In the OFF SEASON..when the rifle needs a thorough cleaning of COURSE I remove the bolt and clean from the breech! BUT...During HUNTING SEASON(basically Sept THRU January) IF something needs tending to, just use the EZ-Tool(the NEW one is SO much easier!) and take out the breechplug. ALSO...if the bolt closes extra hard it's a SIMPLE task to just insert the EZ-Tool and check to see if the breechplug has backed out any....ALL without loosening the rear action screw...

big6x6 said:
dwhunter said:

In the OFF SEASON..when the rifle needs a thorough cleaning of COURSE I remove the bolt and clean from the breech! BUT...During HUNTING SEASON(basically Sept THRU January) IF something needs tending to, just use the EZ-Tool(the NEW one is SO much easier!) and take out the breechplug. ALSO...if the bolt closes extra hard it's a SIMPLE task to just insert the EZ-Tool and check to see if the breechplug has backed out any....ALL without loosening the rear action screw...

I put a little mark on the action screw so I tighten it down to the same point every time. I've never had a change of POI since I started doing this. During the hunting season I'm like you I don't touch anything just hunt.

dwhunter said:
oper2nyst said:
dwhunter said:

I still don't understand how you clean it without removing the bolt. What you just said works great with the bolt out.
sorry , should have elaborated on the brush holder, craftsmen 1/4 drive inline[screwdriver handle/flex[ this is the wire bundle type] w/1/4"socket into which the brush is attached w/ an epoxy. makes the transition into the breach area easily with the bolt open but still in place..... this is a $6 augment to my $2 breechplug tool.........

Back