NEW OWNER 10ML II new edition

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smoker

Reaction score
Cleaning old accessories used for the smoke pole and came up with three speeloaders, the kind that have a cap on each end. Is this an acceptable device for carrying smokeless? Reason I ask is that while relaoding with smokeless powder there are some plastics that seem to have a static charge that attracts a pretty good quantity of powder. Does anyone have a better idea? Thanks, smoker

Smoker, I use the glass vials made by www.pilotvials.com Never had any trouble with them,static or otherwise. I performed a leak test on them some time ago.I covered them with water and let them set.I think it was fifteen min.One had a little weepage,but its cap was not as tight as the others.That was good enough for me! 44grn of 5744,fills it about 3/4 full.I ordered the ST1 vial.It will fit in the mouth of the Savage,allowing no spillage.These vials have a poly seal lid,they work.

Thanks Tar-12. Just ordered a doz. That should work just fine. Appreciate your help. smoker

smoker said:
Thanks Tar-12. Just ordered a doz. That should work just fine. Appreciate your help. smoker
No problem,I use a reloading tray to set them in. I forgot the size! They work great for holding the vials while you are filling them.The hole measures 5/8ths.It would not take much to make you one!I load out around a 100 charges per sitting.They come in real handy!

should fit into the trays I use. I think they are MTM's. If it don't I will drill out a piece of wood....That's how I started....a long time ago :). smoker

Smoker just take a sheet of bounce that you or your wife would put in the close dryer and wipe out the inside of the speed loaders!!I had the same problem and did this and it took care of the static .Also did this to 35mm film cans ...Works great,,,would also work with the glass viles if there was a like problem....bompa

An anti static sheet, bompa, that's down right YANKEE thinking. Exdellent! I laso have this problem with the plastic pans that I use for my powder scale. You can bet I'm gonna try it tonight! Thank you Sir, smoker

Ethang said:
What size fits in the shotshell boxes the best?
Are you refering to the vials?The vials I mentioned fit perfectly in a plastic 20 ga. shell holder.MTM Caseguard S25. I put a piece of foam in the cap area to firmly hold the vials, to keep them from rattling around.Works wonderfully!I think I paid $2.50 or $3.00 a piece for the 20 ga. boxes

Thanks. I like the idea of keeping them in plastic shotshell boxes labeled as to the load weight.

Ethang said:
Thanks. I like the idea of keeping them in plastic shotshell boxes labeled as to the load weight.
That is excactly why I went that route.Real easy to organize.Also, after you load one,put the lid on the vial, turn it upside down in the box,you can keep track of what you have used at a glance.On a serious range day, I will take 4 boxes loaded with different weights.I use the plastic backed stick on labels.They peel off easy when you are ready to change to something else.Do not use the permanent type labels, they are a bit of a pain to get off.

Back