Going on a Hog hunt

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gotbuck

Reaction score
Well my chance is almost here for a hog hunt. This friday thru sunday I'll be in eastern Texas hoping to score on two hogs. I will be shooting the new TC Shockwave Bonded bullets in 250gr 50 cal with 100 gr of pyro. I have had excellent results with the regular bullets but I think that hogs may be a bit tougher than whittail and I heard their vitals are between their shoulder blades so I must shoot through the bones. I will post pictures of any hogs I take or my group takes and try to recover my bullet so I can see if these hold up like their originals. Anybody shoot hogs with these yet? What can I expect, the outfitter says we can hunt all night if we like by using varmit red scopes. He also has coyotes, bobcats and he said there was even rumors that nearby there were mountain lions. I'm sure all that would be fun at 2:00am in the dark. :D

You might want to take one of these along with you ! :lol: 8)

PX9105MLLarge.jpg

That REALLY sounds like a fun hunt! I think it would REALLY be fun to hunt hogs at night!

As for the bullets..At the velocity 100gr Pyrodex(maybe 1800fps?) will give you a plain Jane 250gr SST/Shockwave would be fine...the boneded Shockwave is supposed to be a little tougher...not really necessary with the 100gr Pyrodex load...

In April..several of us are going to use the 250gr Bonded Shockwave on hogs and we'll know more on how it does then..

GOOD LUCK on your hunt!

Thanks guys, I'll post what happens. I hope I can recover a Bonded Shockwave for you all to see. I am curious on these, but if they perform as the regular ones do I should have nothing to worry about.

Latest posts

Back