New Lyman made by pedersoli

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only had the problem with the barrel and there slow time to respond . The GPR after I got it built turned out to be a sweet shooter ,lots of sparks and fast lock time very accurate . I am also glad that they seem to be trying to improve there quality

Lots of sarcasm and bitching about Lyman here. I for one see this at an attempt at changing and improving things. I'll wait and see. I for one am glad they are seemingly attempting to up the quality. That can't hurt. The GPR has been a good one along with their Trade Rifle.

I don’t see that at all? Just speaking the Truth, Sometimes that Hurts I guess. I have a Lyman Great Plains and LOVE the Rifle

Lots of sarcasm and bitching about Lyman here. I for one see this at an attempt at changing and improving things. I'll wait and see. I for one am glad they are seemingly attempting to up the quality. That can't hurt. The GPR has been a good one along with their Trade Rifle.
Yes. But like anything else, when your quality control goes down, your quality goes down, your customer base goes down. Hopefully that all will come back. Years ago my wife bought me a .50 cal ML from Cabela's, Jon helped her pick it out for a wedding present. I got a deer with it that 1st year. I didn't use it much and kept it pretty much stored for preservation. Jon tells me a couple of days ago the stock is cracked and he needs to repair it. We both agreed, that rifle has never been dropped or treated severely. Sitting there it just cracked near the top of barrel by the lock.
Go figure.

If
I don’t see that at all? Just speaking the Truth, Sometimes that Hurts I guess. I have a Lyman Great Plains and LOVE the Rifle
I can get them at the right price, they will get bought. I know a guy close buy that can do repairs...get it😁

Have you guys ever noticed how these firms jumed on the names of orignial makers like the names (Hawken, H.E. Leman, Tryon, and a few others) naming their product that don't even come close to what the orignials looked like. - T/C Hawken, Lyman Hawkens & Plains Rifles, Dixe Gun Works and so one, have been doing this for decades.
. ,
Use to know a manufacturer rep. for several of the Italian and Spanish firms. We would mention this to him and he would just smile and shake him head, he knew what we were talking about, but nothing he could do.

My 54 Hawken from Cableas was made by Investarms. 30 years ago. That was and is a good rifle and barrel. Beautiful stock. Investarms made a quality rifle back then.

Old Smoke, I have a InvestArms 58 Hawken from Cabelas I got just about 30 years ago also .Its been a good one too , shot several Deer and Hogs with it . I have to agree they for sure were a quality firearm back then.

Holy cow! I have had my share of Lyman rifles, most of them older( like me), have not owned any of the newer versions.

Yea, they DEFINITELY had problem. It’s a well known deal, all over the internet, on every Gun forum known. Breaking at the Breechplugs, Investarms is who made the Barrels for the Lyman Great Plains Rifles

Here is Lyman’s Recall
https://www.lymanproducts.com/recall/
VuRohm8.jpg

Sb6Onfy.jpg

VSsgc1H.jpg

Back