New from Traditions

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GM54-120

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Supporting member
Reaction score
At least traditions reads modern muzzleloader, I just saw a picture of everyone at CVA looking over their shoulder ,,it'll be all right Mr CVA! Will forgive you for your 45 Cal bore issues just take it back to the drawing board and reintroduce it. In the meantime I'm excited to see some fast twist 45s I hope we see a dozen more models thanks for the info GM 54-120.

I don’t shoot long range or have any interest in shooting heavy lead bullets but I like the idea of a light .45 break open gun for deer hunting. I’m not a sniper, I hunt in the woods in the VT hills and I’ve never shot at a deer over 100 yards. I’d be very happy to shoot nothing but Barnes 190 grain expanders in a sabot with BH209 at deer with it. A fellow could do worse.

Affordable, fast twist and light weight. Plus they got the twist right IMO. That cheaper Pursuit 45 1-20 looks interesting. This is exactly what CVA should have done with an Optima!!!! Not everyone wants the flag ship model, plus its a way better youth option.

• 45 Caliber
  • 209 Shotgun Primer Ignition
  • 26" Ultralight Chromoly Tapered, Fluted Barrel
  • VAPR™ 1:20" Twist
  • Premium CeraKote Finish on the outside of the barrel
  • Elite XT™ Trigger System
  • Weighs only 5.75 pounds!

A friend of mine has an older .50 Pursuit Pro. It shoots outstanding bullet to bore but the trigger is horrible. Long gritty travel and very heavy trigger. Because of the trigger it is not an easy gun to shoot well with but it can be done. I was shocked at how well it will shoot with 300gr Thor hammer bullets.

Affordable, fast twist and light weight. Plus they got the twist right IMO. That cheaper Pursuit .45 1-20 looks interesting. This is exactly what CVA should have done with an Optima!!!! Not everyone wants the flag ship model, plus its a way better youth option.

• 45 Caliber
  • 209 Shotgun Primer Ignition
  • 26" Ultralight Chromoly Tapered, Fluted Barrel
  • VAPR™ 1:20" Twist
  • Premium CeraKote Finish on the outside of the barrel
  • Elite XT™ Trigger System
  • Weighs only 5.75 pounds!
Nice, Do you have a Photo of their "Accelerator Breech Plug"?

It looks like they have been released, who is going to be the first to give it a try🙂 The Vortek StrikerFire VAPR .45 Cal Cerakote looks to be in-stock at muzzler-loader.com

I’m not a fan of traditions, but this is a great move on their part, affordable 45 fast twist, home run
Im not either. I’ve said since the 80’s that if it has Traditions on it, I don’t even want it for free. It would be nice to finally see then change their very long rep of being the Edsil or Yugo of all muzzleloaders.

Im not either. I’ve said since the 80’s that if it has Traditions on it, I don’t even want it for free. It would be nice to finally see then change their very long rep of being the Edsil or Yugo of all muzzleloaders.

CVA pulled it off quite well until the sub-.50 barrels were oversized.

Maybe Traditions can make a vast improvement in quality as well. Never know.

Latest posts

Back