New Concealed Carry Gun

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 2 NAA mini revolvers are 22mag, The Bond Arms Derringer is 45 Colt or 410 I usually carry it loaded with 410 for Rattlesnakes on my lease.

mark1945 said:
The 2 NAA mini revolvers are 22mag, The Bond Arms Derringer is 45 Colt or 410 I usually carry it loaded with 410 for Rattlesnakes on my lease.
Interesting that none of those three are on the Massachusetts approved firearms roster.

The approved firearm roster will eventually be nerfballs only.

mark1945 said:
Come to Texas if you can pick it up its ok to carry.
Hey Mark you seem to like CVA's in your inventory. What do you think about the old looks new Plainsman flint lock 50 on gunbroker for $250?

I dont have any experience with any of the newer CVA guns my newest was made in the 70's Its for sure Plain from looking at the pictures .I would have to do some comparison shopping before I would say thats an ok price or not .

Thanks Mark
Those old Plainsmans are truly that very plain. I believe they were made in the 1980's. The percussion one I bought way back when had two advantages for me as a normal young married person I had little money and lots of energy, the fact that they are so plain Jane with very simple and slim stock made them a pleasure to carry they are so light. The main thing that impressed me was how accurate mine was and still is to this day. I think the new inlines are probably also light with all the new tech stocks and such, I have no experience with them
With my old eyes even with glasses I have no confidence in shooting it much more than 50 yards with the iron sights. Thanks again for the input.

I have a CCW Permit but i rarely carry, Only if Going in to Big city stuff. When i do, My choice of weapon to carry is a 6” Ruger GP-100 in .357 Magnum, in a Shoulder Holster under a Coat or long sleeve shirt. I am Confident in my .357 Magnum to stop a Threat IMMEDIATELY if needed

Too HOT down here on the Texas Coast for anything big concealed except in winter time. I always have my LCP Ruger in my pocket and usually one of my NAA's 22 mags tucked in someplace. In the winter time I usually have a Glock 19 are a 1911 on me.We have so DAMN many illegals running around down here I never am without something.

Randy ,I figured they were from very late 70's or early 80's I dont think I have ever seen one except in pictures. I do feel that if its a CVA it should be a decent gun for hunting ,I have never seen or had a CVA that wasnt . It for sure looks light and a easy carry gun which means more to us old guys when we try to pack it around. Ive never seen a CVA that wasnt pretty darn accurate either.

I very rarely carry concealed.  When I lived in Georgia it was often difficult to carry in the winter; it was not cold enough for a light jacket much of the time.  When I did carry it was always a "pocket-type" gun.  Here in Maine where the winters are snowy cold it's much easier to holster carry as long as the coat doesn't need to be removed.  Otherwise it's again one of the pocket guns.

Back again in Georgia, I was easily able to carry a a full size Colt 1911 using a "slide" holster in the lower back covered by a slightly longer waisted short sleeve shirt.  I could do this when working "plain clothes" as a LEO even in summer.  Carrying something flat enabled this.  Being small, anything else either "printed" or made it look like I was wearing a truss.    

Should also mention that I owned, hunted and killed deer with an old CVA .50 cap gun indifferently assembled from a very inexpensive kit.  A friend and his dad had at one point put it together and It was given to me upon his father's death.  This is interesting since his dad had built some fine flintlock longrifles from a plank.  Some slight tinkering with the nipple and the cheapo rifle was reliable, accurate and a sure-fire killer of whitetails.

Thanks again Mark
I have only 2 muzzle loaders, and have never shot the flintlock, thats coming very soon. A friend of a friend I have learned is an avid flintlock shooter. He's agreed to hold my hand for a few trips and teach me the ins and outs. Of course like most of us retired guys it didn't take must arm twisting he's ready to go any time he said just call. I've had the set up for many years just never got around to sparking the flint. Now my percussion 50 Plainsman is a different story been shooting it for years and it's a keeper.
Thanks again for the in put.

Latest posts

Back