New Concealed Carry Gun

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patocazador

Reaction score
I bought a used NAA .32 Guardian in new condition Saturday for my daughter to carry. I will give it to her IF she gets her CW permit. She is carrying a small 5 shot .38  revolver now in her car.
This Guardian is actually accurate at 10 yards, The barrel and slide are one piece; they are not separate pieces so no wobble. The thing is tiny only 3 1/3" high and 4 1/3" long. I got it, 121 cartridges, and a holster for a bit over $270. 

p-321-32acp_1.jpg

I can shoot it OK but being so small, it actually kicks a bit when shooting those .32 acp shells. It's all stainless so it isn't real light like the plastic guns.

They are very nice CCW pistols.  My only .32acp is a prewar PPK that I love.

strong eagle said:
is the slide easy to work for old hands and a women?.
So-so for weak hands mainly due to the small size. There's not a lot to grab on to. I put my index finger in the trigger guard while holding the grip and pull the slide with the opposite hand.

Hanshi said:
My only .32acp is a prewar PPK that I love.

Want to sell it? I have a weakness for pre-war pocket pistols.

I have a Colt model 1903 .32 acp. It shoots real good.

300px-Colt_1903_right_side.jpg

It's not in pristine shape like the one pictured above.

With small hands - a small guy, to start with - the PPK fits like a glove and lays easy in the hand.  It won't be sold as I inherited it from my FIL nearly 30 years ago.  He brought it back as a war souvenir and I have the papers and the German holster it came in.  Civilian model, I'm fairly sure; it has NO military markings though the holster has a soldier's serial # written on the inside.  It's in fine shape and is accurate at 25 yards.  Lots of bluing wear and I've thought about having it reblued.

Top is my PPK/S .380 acp, middle is my Manhurin .22LR PPK/S and bottom is the PPK.  The holster is visible at bottom right.

PICT0640.jpg

Ok my wife uses a .380 because everyone in the office this is what they carry and everyone has the same ammo. Which is good in a Firefight.

I shot it the other day and decided I like it as a carry weapon. Light easy to conceal put 7 in 6 inch Bull at 20 yards rapid fire off hand. Good enough for me.

oneshot

I've had my Walthers for nearly 40 years.  I like the .380 a lot.  There are lighter .380s than the PPK series but I just rarely ever carry, anyway.

Anybody have opinions on whether to have the little PPK 7.65 reblued?

Just a thought
why would you want to change your defence from 158 grn hollow point to a 70 grn underpowered possible jam and then throw it like a rock.
Even a $1300 kimber could malfunction if left in glove box and forget to clean proper.
I know no body asked for my opinion but the only thing that could go wrong with a 5 shot wheel gun is a bad round, then you just pull trigger again.

I have a Ruger LCP my wife has one and my youngest daughter has one. I did some improvements on them new trigger and laser sights on all three. We have put many hundreds of rounds thru them
lcp_ru10.jpg

Everything is a compromise.  I could carry a .44 mag and feel okay about it but I don't want to appear like a "man strapped to a gun".  I've even carried .22LR so a .380 or a .7.65 satisfies me.

I went out a few years ago looking for a good CCW to buy and wanted 9mm caliber.  I looked at the M&P Shield and the Ruger LCP mainly.  I decided I liked the Shield best, as the grip just fit my hand better than the Ruger.  I looked/handled them at a local shooting range where they rent them to folks that want to shoot and don't have their own, so it wasn't where I was going to buy one at. 
I then went down to the local outdoor/gun store with every intention of buying a Shield.  While talking to the guy behind the counter another pistol caught my eye, it was a Walther CCP.  I had him hand it to me and was immediately taken with how good the ergonomics of the grip were in comparison to the Ruger and Shield.  I did a bit of research and decided to go with it since I know that I normally shoot a pistol well if it "feels good" in my hand.  It is a bit wider than the other two, the trigger has a lot of creep so the reset sucks, and it has the worst take down of any pistol I've ever seen, but I still love the feel of it and do shoot it well.  To this day every time I pick it up I'm impressed all over again at how good the grip is.  My Model 22 by comparison is like holding a brick.

My three most used CCW.  Top, PPK/S .380; PPK/S .22LR; PPK .7.65mm.

PICT0640.jpg

.45acp Ultra Carry.  The nonpareil carry protector.
e4408652-1565-42e9-8d28-178c8a761f75-zps714c4c10-1.jpg

The only competitor with the Walthers.
e854f671-a495-4a3a-bf32-dd94f38438d3-zps24myyh9v.jpg

I need to apologize to patocazador. NAA makes some good guns. After being in the FFL business for close to 40 years I have formed some opinions that come off as harsh at times. Sir please accept my most sincere apology.
My belief is anyone that has the desire to protect themselves with a firearm has that God given right.
Over the years especially to novice shooters buying their first and maybe the only handgun they will own I try to stress my opinion to them to start with a revolver. Most people don't practice enough with their defense weapon and if it did jam for what ever the reason, they then have brought a rock to a gun fight.
I too have a couple of 32 acp semi's, a pristine colt 1903, and a worn out french mab that goes bang every time but the barrel is so worn past 15 ft you would be better off to run.
Another tidbit I would like to pass along is buy quality brass case 32acp, sometimes the cheap alloy case blaser type ammo will not hold up to the steel extractor and then you have a mess
Randy

mark1945 said:
wheel_13.jpg

Randy ,I also like wheel guns . Sometimes I carry them too.
wheel_11.jpg
I really like those compact in your first photo.  What calibers are they :?:

Back