NEED EVERY ONES HELP PLEASE

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

To All of you guys that Shoot or are thinking of trying the 10mm 200gr XTP Bullets in your 50cal I have Emailed Harvester About a crush rib Sabot for the purpose of shooting these bullets in a 50cal ML .

There ansewer was that they do not plan on making such a sabot unless there is enough request and Inqireys about them ! AS we all know MMP witch makes great Sabots is right now the only MFG. that produces such a sabot , BUT these are still quite tight in alot of the guns on the market .
So if every one could send Harvester a line of Intest on the 50/40 crush rib sabot it would be great , as there are alot of Omega shooters out there that are still haveing to fight to get them down the pipe.

:yeah:

Thanks Ron

I'm betting the demand for the 40/50 sabot is very small when compared especially to 45/50 sabots. It may not be profitable for anyone to make them.

40/50 sabots

Hey Ron & Chuck,

You are probably right about low demand; however if they did make them, I think there would be more interest in using them.
Think about it though. If you had a slimmer projectile for a given weight, you would have a better sectional density, ballistic coefficient and a flatter trajectory.What's not to like? As available now, we have only T/C's 200gr, .40cal Shock Wave bonded bullets ( which gives us a softer recoiling and flatter trajectory) or Precision Rifles pure lead offerings. Personally I would like to see a .40cal, 220gr SW or Hornady SST. And of course it would be very helpful to have a Harvester and a MMP thin sabot for us guys with tight barrels.
Better yet, how about the world firearm community all get together and agree on a standard bore dimension +/- 0.0005". Then our sabot makers would only have to produce STANDARD sabots period!!!
Oh yeah, and I would like world peace too.

James

I agree with the heavier .40 cal bullets in the SW. I am trying to work up loads for the PR bullet in 240 gr, .40 cal with the blue MMP sabot. So far, I am getting about 1.5" groups at 100 with 80-90 gr of t7 2f. I wound up with 50 of these bullets so I will try to use them up. I am getting slightly better groups with the 200 gr SW but really like the better BC, SD and retained energy of the longer, heavier bullet.

I would like another option in sabots, as I am questioning how consistent the sabot separates on the MMP blue sabot at lower charges. I am finding mine about 50 yards downrange in good enough shape to shoot again.

OK guys we are getting a little closer Underclocked recieved a Email from them that said they are getting more request for them and that if they continue to recive Intrests that they may have to develope one for their Sabot lineup.

GREAT JOB FELLERS KEEP THEM COMMING ![/b]

Thanks to the ones of you that have sent in a Intrest .

Ron

Hey all!
Here's the email that I sent to Harvester. Maybe you all could send similar requests for both a .40cal Scorpion Gold 220 gr offering
as well as a 40/50cal Crush-rib sabot.
Please use your own words.

Greetings Harvester folks,

I actually have two requests for you to consider.
!st) Would you please consider producing a 220gr, .40 caliber Scorpion Gold
for .50 caliber rifles? This would give us a great weight, sectional
density, ballistic coefficient, and flatter trajectory advantage over
anything currently on the market.
2nd) Would you please consider producing a 40/50 caliber Crush-rib sabot for
those of us who would like to shoot .40cal bullets in rifles with tight
bores. If you go ahead with the 1st idea, this would provide a thinner /
easier loading sabot for your own .40cal offering.
I can imagine that the demand for 40 cal bullet/sabots is not as great as
for 45 cal bullets, but if you build a better and accurate .40caliber
offering that holds up well to magnum velocities, you could have a very hot
winner in your stables.
May you prosper, and thank you for your current sabot offerings.

Here's their response---->>>

Hi James,

Thanks for contacting us about our Harvester Muzzleloading products.

1)This is the first request that I have seen for this bullet. However, we
will put this on our list of requests and monitor it.

2)This request is getting great consideration as we are receiving a lot more
requests for it. If we continue to receive these requests it will become
part of our product line.

Again, thanks for your comments and good shooting!

Regards,
Ron Bugg, Jr.
VP

[/b][/i]

Request Response

Hi Bob,

Thanks for contacting us about our Harvester Muzzleloading product line.

You are the 2nd person with these 2 requests combined.

We take into consideration all requests and monitor them.

The 2nd request(50/40 sabot) is garnering a lot of action right now and moving up on the list.
There is a good chance this one will be offered.

We will continue to see what happens with 1st request.

Again, thanks for contacting us!

Regards,

Buck

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: [email protected]
Subject: Product requests

Greetings Harvester folks,

I actually have two requests for you to consider.
!st) Would you please consider producing a 220gr, .40 caliber Scorpion Gold
for .50 caliber rifles? This would give great weight, sectional
density, ballistic coefficient, and flatter trajectory advantage over
anything currently on the market.
2nd) Would you please consider producing a 40/50 caliber Crush-rib sabot for
those of us who would like to shoot .40cal bullets in rifles with tight
bores.

If you go ahead with the 1st idea, this would provide a thinner /
easier loading sabot for your own .40cal offering.
I can imagine that the demand for 40 cal bullet/sabots is not as great as
for 45 cal bullets, but if you build a better and accurate .40caliber
offering that holds up well to magnum velocities, you could have a very hot
winner in your stables.

Thanks for your efforts.

Reading your posts have me thinking and I just finished reading a report from Toby at HPmuzzleloading about the Scorpion PT bullet( I know, I know...I think he is starting to settle down with a "just the facts" kind of approach). I was under the impression that an copper electroplated bullet would be inferior to a copper jacketed bullet. I have never seen or used these Harvester brand bullets and was wondering if any of you have found them superior or at least equal to a copper jacketed bullet. Do you find the jackets to be sufficient for big game hunting? Toby suggests they are along the lines of a bonded bullet, I dunno. I had written Barnes about producing a 40 cal 200-240 grain line of MZ bullet, but received no response. I really like the idea of the flatter trajectory, higher sectional density, higher BC, higher velocities, lower recoil and everything that would come with a bullet of this caliber in the "made for muzzleloading" class. Only thing is, I have not had the stellar accuracy that most get in the 200 grain Shockwave or Hornady 40 cal 200 gr XTP and was wondering if my gun wouldnt prefer a bullet with a longer bearing surface like a 220 or 240 grain would offer. Another thing, I wonder if Del ( razorback) at MMP ( Sponsor of this site and an active board member) would be a better option at refining the sabot made for these bullets, possibly offering two sizes of the 40/50 sabot ( with Shockwaves mine measure .505 with dial calipers). I have no experience with the crush rib sabots, I would imagine they would be more versatile for differing bore dimensions and offer less resistance. I do not think we should leave him out as he is the original sabot guy though. Sorry so long, just thinking out loud.

MQ32shooter said:
Reading your posts have me thinking and I just finished reading a report from Toby at HPmuzzleloading about the Scorpion PT bullet( I know, I know...I think he is starting to settle down with a "just the facts" kind of approach). I was under the impression that an copper electroplated bullet would be inferior to a copper jacketed bullet. I have never seen or used these Harvester brand bullets and was wondering if any of you have found them superior or at least equal to a copper jacketed bullet. Do you find the jackets to be sufficient for big game hunting? Toby suggests they are along the lines of a bonded bullet, I dunno. I had written Barnes about producing a 40 cal 200-240 grain line of MZ bullet, but received no response. I really like the idea of the flatter trajectory, higher sectional density, higher BC, higher velocities, lower recoil and everything that would come with a bullet of this caliber in the "made for muzzleloading" class. Only thing is, I have not had the stellar accuracy that most get in the 200 grain Shockwave or Hornady 40 cal 200 gr XTP and was wondering if my gun wouldnt prefer a bullet with a longer bearing surface like a 220 or 240 grain would offer. Another thing, I wonder if Del ( razorback) at MMP ( Sponsor of this site and an active board member) would be a better option at refining the sabot made for these bullets, possibly offering two sizes of the 40/50 sabot ( with Shockwaves mine measure .505 with dial calipers). I have no experience with the crush rib sabots, I would imagine they would be more versatile for differing bore dimensions and offer less resistance. I do not think we should leave him out as he is the original sabot guy though. Sorry so long, just thinking out loud.

Our 50/40 sabots are difficult to load in tight bore rifles, fortunately (for me) most of the 50 cal rifles out there are not what we would call tight bore rifles. Unfortunately for those that have tight bore rifles and want to shoot the 50/40 I do not foresee any new offerings in this size. It's is a simple matter of economics.........sales have to be in several hundred thousand units per year to justify tooling.

Dell, I disagree because i believe the 50/40 is the coming thing they are easy to get to shoot accurate and the flatest shooting load both with smokeless and with regular inlines; my information from one of the people who got to try the new Black horn 209 out is that they shoot extremly well with the new powder and at a velocity that I find difficult to believe.

i believe the 50/40 is the coming thing they are easy to get to shoot accurate and the flatest shooting load both with smokeless and with regular inlines

You know...YEARS ago I thought the .40cal bullet in a .50cal to be the coming thing, due to THEN what I THOUGHT was success of the 200gr Shockwave. It has proven to NOT be so mainly because really there are limited .40cal bullets that are really a benefit. For reasons unknown to me the Powderbelt is the most popular muzzleloading bullet. I surely see a market out there for a 220-230gr .40cal jacketed bullet but no one listens to me! :lol:

Face it Chuck,,,most folks pick up their ML'ers once or twice a year at the MOST. This usually occurs right before hunting season,,and the Powerbelts are easy to load, and group well with most guns that are used primarily once a year......basiically "packaged" guns. Why else would anybody pay those rediculous prices for PBs when other bullets perform MUCH better??

I think we have a more "dedicated" group of guys here that desire to wring the utmost performance out of their muzzleloaders than the average John Doe.

That's my SWAG................. :lol:

I agree that a 240 gr jacketed .40 cal would be just what I want in a muzzleloader bullet. I am still experimentin' with a PR bullet in that config (all lead though) and getting about 1" groups at 50 yards in my omega with the blue MMP. I am still working on the load. I do better with the SW's, and they would probably do fine on deer.

Underclocked said:
Someone must, you got some Blackhorn. :wink:

Well you got me there! :lol:

Face it Chuck,,,most folks pick up their ML'ers once or twice a year at the MOST. This usually occurs right before hunting season,,and the Powerbelts are easy to load, and group well with most guns that are used primarily once a year......basiically "packaged" guns. Why else would anybody pay those rediculous prices for PBs when other bullets perform MUCH better??

I think we have a more "dedicated" group of guys here that desire to wring the utmost performance out of their muzzleloaders than the average John Doe.

That's my SWAG.................

And I believe you are completely correct! The average muzzleloader shooter really has NO desire to maximize muzzleloading performance. To get increased performance they simply put their muzzleloader UP and get their ..300 Mag OUT when rifle season comes around. And sadly..this is probably the BIGGEST muzzleloading market! A FEW stragglers REALLY enjoy it and end up HERE! :lol: And really...those stragglers are the Blackhorn 209 market too!

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=581242
Rainier LeadSafe Bullets 40 S&W, 10mm Auto (400 Diameter) 200 Grain Plated Flat Nose Box of 100

That one I tried back when I was in the ".40cal or die" mode! :shock: Harvester offers it with their sabot. It's an extremely inexpensively made bullet and it shoots that way too. The .40cal 200gr XTP shoots better and is better constructed.

Back