Mullberry vs alder, willow, or grape vine

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I’m planning on cutting down a mullberry tree and considering saving it for future use as charcoal if I get around to making my own BP. Anyone tried it? How does it compare for power and cleanliness vs grape vine, willow, or buckthorn alder?

So I’m planning on cutting down a mullberry tree and considering saving it for future use as charcoal if I get around to making my own BP. Anyone tried it? How does it compare for power and cleanliness vs grape vine, willow, or buckthorn alder?
I just found a video on YouTube where the produce used toilet paper. Yes, toilet paper. Removed the outer layer (a small amount of glue in the tag end) as well as the cardboard roll inside and then charred it in a coffee can. He says it’s the fastest powder he’s made to date.

I just found a video on YouTube where the produce used toilet paper. Yes, toilet paper. Removed the outer layer (a small amount of glue in the tag end) as well as the cardboard roll inside and then charred it in a coffee can. He says it’s the fastest powder he’s made to date.
Yes butt wiper paper is the best . Better than wood charcoal.

I have made black powder and used alder it was ok and worked I am going to use toilet paper roll next time. I saw the same YouTube video using toilet paper and the guy said the powder was quicker than using wood charcoal.

Latest posts

Back