ML Deer

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wayles

Reaction score
Killed a nice 8 pointer last fri. with my TC Encore. If some one capable of posting a pic would send me their E-mail adress I would forward the pics to them for posting.
Thanks in advance
Wayles

Here are the pictures of Wayles mzloader buck. Very Nice!

8cc1f91a.jpg

4d0cf038.jpg

5b30c4a8.jpg

ead3ae5a.jpg

nice deer there wayles.. what were you shooting out of the Encore. Maybe you can tell us a little story about the hunt, like distances, etc.. that is a nice buck!!!

Got back from taking Wife to DR. in KC late thur nit the 4th. Slept in and then did a few chores before going out to the range to foul my barrel. It was really cold with a 25 mph wind. Put on all the clothes I could stand and still be able to move. Got in a 23 ft high cottonwood hang on stand about 1:40 and settled in for a long wait. Started seeing does about 3:30. Some got down wind and spooked out but did not snort. Had a doe and fawn come through then about 4:30 a doe was passing thru on her way to the alalfa, she stopped and looked back so I got ready. Sure enough here he comes out of the russion olive thickets. As soon as I determine he's a shooter I squeezed it off and he dropped on the spot. Approx. 40 yd. Bullet went in left neck/chest and out immediatly behind the right leg. The deer hardly moved. I was shooting 110 gr of BH209 pushing a 250 gr bonded SW. Sabot used was a short black harvester, cap was a win209. Rifle was a TC Encore.Bases on this rascal are 5.5 in and the burr is 7.25 in. I did not see the broken G3 till I laid hands on him as he was sharply quartering to me
Wayles

I saw that hole in his neck and kind of figured he did not go too far.. That really is a nice buck. A lot better then anything I saw around here this year. Great story too..

Very nice! congrats! The neck on that bad boy is pretty freaking big...

Wayles;
Now that's a nice Nebraska Whitetail ! Is that the one you had your eye on earlier during archery season? Too bad we never got together, maybe sometime in the future.
Zen

ZEN

Zen I did not recognize this deer. The one I had my eye on was bigger but didn't show up. Probably a traveler. We will get together sooner or later
Wayles

very nice buck ,good detailed story ..my grandson asked me a question after i showed him the picture of you and the buck " why isn't the man smilling after harvesting such a nice buck"

very nice buck. I've got the shed of one that size that I'm hoping to find before December is over.

Back