Lyman Great Plains

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Lyman Great Plains

Received my barrel from Lyman Friday. Just the barrel not the sight that was suppose to be shipped also will have to call tomorrow . tried to put barrel in stock to check fit before browning it not bad except front lug was welded on to barrel about 1/16 of an inch to far forward had to use Dremel tool with diamond bit to fit . Got the barrel browned and installed front sight and rear non adjustable sight front was fine rear had dovetail cut too wide .Had to peen it down to fit sight tight. If it stops raining tomorrow will head out to range and see how it does .

Finally got a chance yesterday to get to the range. Fired it over 20 times no hang or misfires worked great. After I shoot it enough to smooth out the barrel Ill start working up a load it likes and adjusting sights .  So far Im impressed with it.

I've never had a problem with any of my Lyman products, but I did have a problem with another import.  I contacted the seller & they gave me the phone number to call the manufacturer.  I replied to the seller that THEY sold me the defective rifle and I wasn't going to go several rounds with the manufacturer to try to get resolution from them.

I advised the seller that if they weren't able to help, that I'd contest the charges with my Credit Card bank and let them sort it out.  3 days later I received a shipping carton and a prepaid call tag from the seller.  

10 days later, the rifle was already received by the seller, but no word on shipping a replacement.  They finally told me it was backordered & would take up to 90 days for a replacement.  When I asked for refund, they told me about their 30% restocking fee.  I called my VISA card, and they told me to file a complaint in writing.  It took a complete billing cycle, but the full amount, including shipping was credited back to my card.

Everyone screws up on occasion & sometimes the shippers rep with their not-at-all-helpful attitude needs to be reminded that customers don't exist solely for their benefit.  Hit them in the pocketbook & they respond pronto!

This thread reminded me of my first muzzleloader! .50 caliber Lyman Plains Rifle circa 1974
Lyman%20Plains%20rifle.jpg

This photo from Google...not my actual rifle. I owned it until I sold it to scrape enough money together to buy my first GRRW gun.

Back