Is the Lyman's Great Plains Pistol a tack driver?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure you have a lot of fun making your videos.
Yes...I do.
I usually come up with a theme while driving down to the "zoo bottoms". It seems lately I've had all kinds of mishaps ( dry balled guns, lost accessories, etc ) and since I experience them on camera, you get to experience them too. I put wacky fun ( safe ) stuff on video most other Youtube shooters won't.

I'm going out tomorrow & shoot a 1/8" steel plate to see what amount of powder it takes to drive a lead round ball through the steel. That one should be fun to do.
The editing is fun too. I kind of get into a small world while editing. I look for the fun within the hobby a lot more that accurate shooting. If I wanted to show 100% accurate shooting, I'd keep the cameras running until I hit the bullseye....and...that's what you would only see.
I'd rather promote the wackiness & fun of the hobby instead.
I have some very fun ideas to get on camera to post soon when it warms up!
Thanks for watching...

Yes...I do.
I usually come up with a theme while driving down to the "zoo bottoms". It seems lately I've had all kinds of mishaps ( dry balled guns, lost accessories, etc ) and since I experience them on camera, you get to experience them too. I put wacky fun ( safe ) stuff on video most other Youtube shooters won't.

I'm going out tomorrow & shoot a 1/8" steel plate to see what amount of powder it takes to drive a lead round ball through the steel. That one should be fun to do.
The editing is fun too. I kind of get into a small world while editing. I look for the fun within the hobby a lot more that accurate shooting. If I wanted to show 100% accurate shooting, I'd keep the cameras running until I hit the bullseye....and...that's what you would only see.
I'd rather promote the wackiness & fun of the hobby instead.
I have some very fun ideas to get on camera to post soon when it warms up!the good work

Thanks for watching...
Keep up the good work.

If a person cannot laugh at himself how can he have fun? I think you have the right attitude and the videos are a HOOT!
Don't know if my Lyman PP in .54 is a tack driver like yours but it has put holes in a few javelina.

If a person cannot laugh at himself how can he have fun? I think you have the right attitude and the videos are a HOOT!
Thank you.
Exactly.....while most shooters are only in this hobby for 100% bullseye shots from every pull of the trigger,
I'm into the hobby for the fun, laughs and camaraderie among friends.
If I was into it for just the accuracy, I'd find another hobby.

Back