Loads for .45 LRH

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barrycuda

Reaction score
I installed a .45 Green Mountain LRH barrel on my T/C Renegade and am looking for some load info. It has a 1:30 twist and would probably have to shoot saboted bullets. Any recommendations on powder and/or bullets would be appreciated. Thanks.

Barry

85 grains of Goex 3f and a 200 grain Speer Deep Curl in a light blue MMP sabot shoots real good out of mine.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

So true Cayuga, so true. :)

Methinks your memory is a little fuzzy on this one. :wink: That bullet was probably the .40 caliber 200 grain XTP. Speer doesn't make the Deep Curl in 200 grains (I wish they would). But either the .40/200 grain XTP or the .40/180 grain Deep Curl shoot just fine in my GM/LRH barrel.

I've yet to put one of the Speers in a deer, but killed two does with the XTP and it did all you could ask of a bullet.

Both bullets shoot well for me with a variety of powders. Here are some examples.

R45-070.jpg

R45-085.jpg

R45-034.jpg

you are right.. the 200 grain is the XTP the Speer is a 180 grain. Which also shoots real well.

One other bullet I might suggest...

Gm54-120, sent me a bunch of Nosler 40-200grain bullets... I had put them in my range bag and they got buried. i found them the other day when I was shooting.

They are really a nice looking bullet and really shot well down range. It is my BELIEF that the will do every bit as good as a XTP, but i an still thinking the Gold Dot is has probably got better terminal ballistics.

Here is some information...

http://www.nosler.com/Bullets/Sporting- ... istol.aspx

Latest posts

Back