bullet and sabot

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bucker

Reaction score
I saw in an old gun shopp the other day a Knight lead bulet about 320 grains w/ a black sabot. I know real sketchy info, bu these sere real cheap and I ewonderd if anyone had a clue what they were or what you needed ot give me more decision info. He had a couple boxes of these, they were in a hard pack.

They were these

coop 2564 thanks, it was too easy to do that :oops: Any how these are the bullets, anyone have any experience w/ these? He is offering a great great price on em' but it is expensive if they don't shoot. I was thinking of shooting them out of my 1:48 twist flint lock.

900204 Lead Bullets with Sabots
Price: $10.99 Qty: Add to Order

Larger Image 50 caliber/310 grain Lead, Black Sabots
20 Pack

I am assuming that you are talking about a 45 caliber bullet. The caliber makes a difference the other dimension that determines what will shoot best in what twist is the length of the bullet.
This should give you some idea; these are max length it is much easier to get a bullet that is a little short [over stabilized] to shoot good than it is to get one that's a little long to shoot [under stabilized] at all they often tumble.
I calculated some lengths for different twists to give you some thing to judge by these are the max length for the twist.
Caliber---------Twist--------Bullet Length
45------------ 1-28 --------1.05
40------------ 1-28---------0.85
45------------ 1-24---------1.25
40------------ 1-24---------1.0
45------------ 1-48---------0.64
40------------ 1-48---------0.50
Hope this helps. Lee

bullet length

No it is a 50 caliber. But that chart is helpful for choice.

Latest posts

Back