Lehigh conversion Knight disc elite

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Super Disc 45 converted to Lehigh 209 adapter and Lehigh BP. Can someone tell me which bolt from Sportsman's Warehouse will work for my rifle?

If you have the Lehigh 209 adapter then you must already have the Extreme bolt body in yours. If you want the pretty bolt then you would want the Mountaineer body. But you cant use the breech plug that comes with it, just keep the bp that you have now.
If you have the Lehigh 209 adapter but still have the Original Disc bolt, and can't install the adapter in your bolt, then you could use either the Extreme bolt or the Mountaineer bolt. However, in this case, the bolt body will need a tiny bit of modification to it to work correctly in your gun.

I think I am following you but just to be sure.

I have the Lehigh 209 adapter that fits on my bolt as is. So does that mean I already have the Extreme bolt body? Is there another way to tell for sure what bolt body I have?

I think I am following you but just to be sure.

I have the Lehigh 209 adapter that fits on my bolt as is. So does that mean I already have the Extreme bolt body? Is there another way to tell for sure what bolt body I have?
Yep. Sounds like you have the Extreme bolt. Here's a pic of the original and the extreme below it. The adapter wont stay in the original bolt, it doesnt have the little shoulder ridge at the front that captures it.
16394885887087784850798488620593.jpg16394886552841180383625465183055.jpg

Mine has the lip so I have the Extreme bolt. You said earlier that when converting to the Extreme bolt a slight modification is needed to the bolt body. I bought the rifle used so how do I confirm that modification was made to my bolt?

If the mod wasnt done the bolt wont even close will it? Personally i have a hard time understanding how Knight sells a conversion kit BUT you got to tell them its going into a DISC. Well dayum, that is why they sell it so why do you have to tell them its going in a older DISC rifle?

Description
DISC Extreme Muzzleloader Conversion Kit
The DISC Extreme Full Plastic Jacket Muzzleloader Conversion Kit converts your Knight Original Disc to our Full Plastic Jacket ignition system

Well, according to Knight, they will not close. But i also have one extreme bolt, found on a shelf at a lgs, that fit my originals without mods. The other bolt i bought direct from Knight and told them what it was going into and they said they would modify it before shipping. Both look identical to my eyes.

Ive seen some guys post that ones they got would not go in far enough for the bolt handle to go down. They had to have Knight modify them.

Is Lehigh still in business? Can’t find any links
But anyway I’ve got a Knight disc elite looking for conversion kit for it for bare primer. Thanks for any help on leads where to purchase.

you DO NOT have to modify the bolt.
Buy the Lehigh plug and primer adapter and you will be good to go.
I have 2 Elites and I bought the Lehigh plug and adapter and they where install with no problem.

if By chance you do have a problem let me know and I’ll tell you how to fix it with no modification done.
Easy fix.

Last edited:
Correct, the Lehigh conversion for Elite/Extreme is drop in ready. Using parts for Mountaineer in a Elite or using the adapter for NFPJ in a Mountaineer however might need some tinkering to get them to fit.

My Mountaineer for example using the Lehigh NFPJ Extreme adapter and the Lehigh Mountaineer plug wont close. It will close using the Knight bare primer bolt body. The NFPJ adapter is around .060" too long and hits the breech plug. The same adapter works fine in my older Knights.

Latest posts

Back