Lehigh .452 250 gr hollow points

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cayuga

In Remembrance
Reaction score
I had an opportunity to try some of the Lehigh 250 grain .452 diameter hollow points today. I was using Harvester EZ load sabots. The distance was only 50 yards. The rifle being used was my Remington Genesis which has a 3-9 Nikon Omega scope.

Genesis021-1.jpg

I started on a clean barrel and shot #1 which I was kind of happy with. This was with two 50 grain Triple Seven pellets and the 250 grain Lehigh bronze hollow point bullet. I then shot #2 and again, was pleased. #3 I know I flinched for some reason. I knew it was out of the group the second I pulled the trigger. I then shot #4 but looking at the holes could no say for sure where it was. Unless #2 is a double hole.

I was swabbing between shots with tap water. I then swabbed the barrel clean and got out the last of my BlackHorn 209 powder. I have kind of been saving this for a special occasion. Plus I have more coming from down south. I only had three charges left in the jug and the last charge was more like 106 grains instead of 110 grains of powder. I did not swab between shots. And the group was more then acceptable to me.

I then got some solvent and swabbed the barrel clean. I then tried a couple shots with three Triple Seven pellets and the same bullet. It threw them all over the place on a different target. I would not even call it a group.

I believe this Genesis likes Pyrodex RS pellets and BlackHorn 209 a lot. As for Triple Seven, even in loose form it does not do as well as with the other powders.

thanks for the write up ..one word of caution T7 pellets don't like a damp barrel ..i get better results with the cleaning formula u gave us 50% windshield washer and 50% gas line antifreeze ..the inside of the barrel dries instandly and as u probably know i only use T 7 pellets ..

cayuga

Glad you got an opportunity to shoot those Lehigh's. I look at the ones that I have here and it really is difficult for me to shoot them they look so good.

For sure if you have some of the 200's shoot them from your 1/24 White - think you will really be impressed with accuracy and how flat the really shoot.

That's a very interesting target. Could you let me know if you have tried any other sabots with the Lehigh bullets and what length and petal thickness on those are? Thanks Lee

I have tried them with Harvester Crushed Rib. Where I got these EZ loads, I do not remember. the EZ load sabot is .855 long, and the petals are .025 as best as I can measure...

SWThomas
You sure do like to stir up trouble. I don't care how Dave got the bullets I will trust his opinion as unbiased. My mother always said "If you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all." In that case you wouldn't have many posts on these forums.
Art

SW

You know your shill post on HN get people rolling, how about dropping it over here. I see nothing wrong w/ reports on bullets and loads and to call cayuga into question?? (I know cayuga your a big boy) Please flip to HN w/ those types of posts they love contention and gossip over there. One better SW, how about you discover new equipment, bullets, loads etc. and post findings that we can all share and learn from!!

Re: SW

Bucker said:
You know your shill post on HN get people rolling, how about dropping it over here. I see nothing wrong w/ reports on bullets and loads and to call cayuga into question?? (I know cayuga your a big boy) Please flip to HN w/ those types of posts they love contention and gossip over there. One better SW, how about you discover new equipment, bullets, loads etc. and post findings that we can all share and learn from!!

How about using the search function chief... I have posted a few range reports and bullet tests. Nowhere near as many as cayuga, but a few none the less. I have tremendous respect for cayuga and wouldn't antagonize him. I was just wondering how he aquired the bullets, that's all.

SWThomas said:
Bucker said:

How about using the search function chief... I have posted a few range reports and bullet tests. Nowhere near as many as cayuga, but a few none the less. I have tremendous respect for cayuga and wouldn't antagonize him. I was just wondering how he aquired the bullets, that's all.

Are you responding to me or Bucker?? I'm chief,,,he's Bucker. It's pretty simple if ya don't get emotional.... :lol:

I'm sure Dave will give you specifics if you're interested in acquiring free bullets via a PM. He dang sure ain't sent me any... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Batchief909 said:
Are you responding to me or Bucker?? I'm chief,,,he's Bucker. It's pretty simple if ya don't get emotional.... :lol:

I'm sure Dave will give you specifics if you're interested in acquiring free bullets via a PM. He dang sure ain't sent me any... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm responding to the person I quoted. I didn't say Batchief909.

Yup, all this over a simple question. Pretty annoying isn't it?....

Nothing simple about it. The annoying part is the obvious implication accomplished by asking it publically. If it was indeed an fyi inquiry, it would have been done by pm. :roll:

Latest posts

Back