Knight owners will like this.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grouse

LIFETIME SUPPORTER
Supporting member
Reaction score
The new Knight Rifle released at the shot show will have a new bolt and breech plug to utilize BlackHorn209. The good news is that bolt and breech plug will be sold for your other bolt action Knight Muzzleloaders when it hits the market. You cannot buy it before the new gun is on the market to sell.

They also are sending me a breech plug for the Knight Vision to test with BH209. They seem pretty excited about it and i cant wait to try it out. Knight seems to be headed in the right direction for sure.

The new Knight Rifle released at the shot show will have a new bolt and breech plug to utilize BlackHorn209. The good news is that bolt and breech plug will be sold for your other bolt action Knight Muzzleloaders when it hits the market.

What an outstanding decision by Knight, it surely will cost them some money in lost sales of the new gun, but it sure shows me that Knight is willing to support it previous owners...

this is good... kinda makes you think that not all American companies are out to serve themselves like some of our other more popular industries like oil and banking... dang! I should not have said that...

Sure now that I figured it all out with my Elite they go and offer a real solution. :lol:

I have been thinking of getting a new ML anyway, can't have too many. So I might have to buy the new one and the parts for my Elite if I like the new gun. It certain looks like a winner with the limited info I have seen.

Knight

Wonder if they put an additional screw in the action to stabilize it in the stock.
Wayles

The Some great news Grouse.I am glad to hear this.I was aiming to upgrade my MAGNUM DISC RIFLE that use's the Orange Disc to One that use the RED Disc.Now i just need to wait a bit longer for this Newest Upgrade.
Thanks for the info with this heads up :D
Grouse said:
The new Knight Rifle released at the shot show will have a new bolt and breech plug to utilize BlackHorn209. The good news is that bolt and breech plug will be sold for your other bolt action Knight Muzzleloaders when it hits the market. You cannot buy it before the new gun is on the market to sell.

They also are sending me a breech plug for the Knight Vision to test with BH209. They seem pretty excited about it and i cant wait to try it out. Knight seems to be headed in the right direction for sure.

Life is good! I may have to postpone the NFPJ conversion a bit. I'm looking forward to your report regarding the new plug for the Vision. It's great to see Knight is making the effort to include their current supporters with the new BH system. Knight rocks!

I hope Knight returns to their rightful place as the #1 inline producer in the world.

Tom....Thanks for the great news!
During your conversation with them, did you get any sense as to whether the new conversion bolt would still have the screw safety? It would be nice to have that gone.

That is great news! Maybe that Vision/KRB7 plug will work nicely... I know those KRB's were shooting great groups.

Wooo Hooo!. I didn't have any problems this year using the FPJ, but anythign to ENSURE there won't be problems in the future is a good thing. I wonder how much $$$? 50???

I hope Knight returns to their rightful place as the #1 inline producer in the world.

It's not a right - it would be a privilage IF supported by the product offering.

Steve

Spit

Just asking because I have seen other compliants about the screw safety, it has never really bothered me - I use it so very rarely but it could be a real safety factor at a range or anyplace that stresses total safety until the muzzle is down range.

Actually the only reason I use it is to take the bolt apart - sure beats going to find a bolt tool..

If they would just lose the bolt , what a waste of good barrel space. If you have to have a breach plug anyhow why are they hung up on them bolts? I was hoping this would be one I wanted, I want more barrel length and don't really need the added weight of a bolt action. Lee

The bolt guns are safer. They actually look like a rifle. They are more accurate than the tip ups. I greatly prefer them over the other designs.

Swampman
I have been in the gun business and worked on guns a good part of my life, I have heard this safer business about bolt actions before, look closely at them your safety depends on the strength of the barrel and the breach plug if they go that bolt is just another projectile aimed at you as for personal preference that's fine but I wish they would make a model I would like too; especially since Smith and Wesson has started spoiling the customer service at TC. Lee

The Knight Rolling Block & the Knight Shadow are pretty good guns IMO. The Shadow in stainless camo would be great looking, and as nice as the Triumph IMO. I hate the Vision. I expect they'll have a BH209 breechplug for them pretty soon.

I feel sure the bolt would stop a breech plug in the unlikely event that one got loose.

When it comes to a Knight bolt action muzzleloader (original DISC, Elite, Extreme, MH, LRH) , is it really the bolt that makes the gun more rigid/accurate or is it perhaps the one piece barrel and action?

Barrel length has never been an issue at Knight ....28" of barrel means 28" of usable barrel. No QLA.

Latest posts

Back