Knight 500 breech plug update

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dougs136Schwartz

Reaction score
Well Mark Miller fixed my 500 . I'm going to his shop in the morning to shoot the gun and hopefully bring it home . Mark put die on the end of my plug . He had to lap the end of my barrel until the plug would make full contact with the barrel . Mark thinks either the face of the barrel was not quite square or my barrel breech plug threads were off just a little . Regardless my plug now makes full contact with the end of my barrel. Leaving a complete die ring when the plug is installd. I'm pretty excited about shooting gun . The 500 was extreemly accurate even with the plug leaking . With the plug sealing properly my ES should be much better thus I'm hoping my groups will show improvement . I have to tell you guys that if ANYONE is contemplating buying a Knight I would STRONGLY suggest buying a Knight from Mark Miller .He has bent over backwards to help solve my issues . I took the gun to him Tuesday nite and he just called me tonite ( Friday) I can't ask for better service . He called Knight and they would of fixed the problem but would of had to send the gun out to be repaired . I guess Knight outsources most of their work . Knight still has machines but short on help to run them. Other manufactures outsource also to help save on expenses. The only problem with outsourcing is if someone's specs are off even a tiny bit the problem can compound . Mark fixed the problem himself that way I wouldn't have to wait . I just can't say enough good things about Mark Miller . If anyone is looking for a Knight Dealer that will stand behind their product after the sale give Mark Miller a call at 574-773-0023 . I'm so impressed with what he has done for me . When I get the gun back I'll try to post some pictures. .

Good news! Hope that was the end of the issues.

What is the name of his shop? Glad you are back on track! Look forward to a range report.

Muzzleloaders and More . Great guy he sells and sends Knights all over the States . I'm gonna shoot the gun as soon as I get time and try to post pictures .

Thats just down the road from me.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

Back