Is Goex Pinnacle worth the aggravation?????????

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is consistent compaction a neccessity? I vary daily quite a bit depending on my diet :shock:

After taking my T/C Encore apart this morning. I noticed a considerable amount of Pigeon **** built up in the Breech plug. I am using the newest Encore plug from T/C. The older design would be a much better plug for this Goex Pinnacle powder. The plug i am using now, is the one with the deep tunnel in it.

Tom,

Are you going to re-name this stuff "Goex Pidgeon ****" FFFG ? :puke:

Call me crazy, but I dont think you like this stuff! :think: :mrgreen: :drinkers:

Doohan,

I'm still not sure how he feels about the powder, but he leaves no room for doubt about how he feels about pigeons :D

I'm personally a crow and blue Jay hater myself, sometimes even hummingbirds piss me off :)

Kim

Doohan said:
Tom,

Are you going to re-name this stuff "Goex Pidgeon ****" FFFG ? :puke:

Call me crazy, but I dont think you like this stuff! :think: :mrgreen: :drinkers:

:D :D I have seen only one advantage with this powder so far. The Breech plug is clean. No crud or anything. You could shoot all day and not stick a plug.

TripleSe7en has been a proven winner in my guns for three yrs now. Why i decided to try something different i have no idea. :wall: It's like the Savage. 5744 is the only powder i will ever need. A month before hunting season is the wrong time to mess with powders.

Whenever doing any load work at all, it is mandatory to start with a confirmed rifle

So how do you load work with a NEW rifle/scope, hmmmm?

Grouse said:
After taking my T/C Encore apart this morning. I noticed a considerable amount of Pigeon **** built up in the Breech plug. I am using the newest Encore plug from T/C. The older design would be a much better plug for this Goex Pinnacle powder. The plug i am using now, is the one with the deep tunnel in it.

The results I've had are SO divergent from what you are seeing I'm wondering if there is a QC problem.

It is highly unlikely we are shooting from the same batch of powder. :cry:

I went back to the range again today. For those that think i have problems with my gun or scope. You might think different now. 250grn ShockWaves are a bad load in my Encore. That is a 5 shot group to start things off with 777.

GoexPinnacle003.jpg

RandyWakeman said:
Grouse said:

The results I've had are SO divergent from what you are seeing I'm wondering if there is a QC problem.

It is highly unlikely we are shooting from the same batch of powder. :cry:

There is just no way we are. 4 Guns 4 problems.

REALLY nice looking rifle there Grouse! Scope TOO! :wink:

I have some Pinnacle 3f coming in soon to! We'll see what it does in Athens, AL!

big6x6 said:
REALLY nice looking rifle there Grouse! Scope TOO! :wink:

I have some Pinnacle 3f coming in soon to! We'll see what it does in Athens, AL!

I really wish you luck. Three day's i spent trying to get it to work. :wall:

Grouse, I translated your "range report" into English from the original Greek scrolls, and sent it off to Goex for their review.

Glad your Knight trigger pin went flying now instead of during the season-- I just can't stand to see a grown Grouse cry.

Latest posts

Back