Info on a traditions prosuite xlt 2

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mag man

Reaction score
I was offered a like new Traditions Pursuit 2 xlt, has thumb hole camo stock fluted looks to be stainless barrel, powder, bullets, scope ready to hunt for $120. Was just wondering if anybody had one or k ows info on them.
Thanks TCTIM

Nope its not stainless. Traditions does not offer a Pursuit in SS. Its either cerkote or nickel over regular steel. Their older stuff is pretty lowend vs what is available today from just about anyone else.

I’ve got one with a regular black plastic stock. I shoot it with a peep, BH209 and 300gr Thor. It’s the only ML I’ve used, but seems to shoot very well. Very tight groups at 100, and not bad at twice that- though I bought it to make the hunt more challenging, so I self limit to 100yds anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s the only muzzleloader I ever sold.

Blowback was bad, the 209 primer will eventually dent the area around the firing pin and make blowback even worse (no steel bushing, most other manufactures use a steel bushing to prevent this). The trigger was heavy with lots of creep. It had a ported barrel, which I will never own again.

Buy a CVA Wolf 50 cal., much more gun for the money.

Back