Ignition ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rost495

Reaction score
Open to opinions. Long story but a new Green Mountain barrel on the Renegade. Much better groups now, not what I want but have only shot it about 2 hours so far.

With BP(which was not grouping as good as 777) I had instant ignition. With 777 which groups much better I can hear the cap go off.

Nipple is not square with the newly bent hammer. Should I file it and will it help the ignition or do I have anything to worry about at all? Cap goes, load goes, bullet hits. But at least its useable accuracy at around 3-4 inches irons at 100 off bags.

Thanks, Jeff

With no replies so far, will I get attacked if I copy and paste to the sidelock forum.....?

Jeff

I'd try to square up the hammer with the nipple. Ever try Swiss blackpowder? I think your problem is with T7 in the sidelock. Some sidelocks will shoot T7 ok,,,others won't. I'd shoot the gun some more with the blackpowder. Work with your load and break that barrel in.

Back