If you have ever shoot a muzzle loader please help me!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkey

Reaction score
Loaded clean gun...shoot today at 80 yards getting ready for season...14" high from lead sled...dead even left to right...second shot...exactly where it was suppose to be...why do some guns have to be fouled? I know that I have had other guns like this in the past but does not make a lot of sense to me...

If you clean the barrel and then apply oil the first shot will be really off.
I usually clean the bore with alcohol to remove the oil and dry swab before shooting. Then shoot a couple of primers off before loading.

shot

I always fire a foul shot. However If you plan on leaving the gun loaded like you can do w/ BH209 you might want to practice w/ a clean barel. In other words wipe it down between every shot, I believe that wiill get you as close to a clean barrel shot w/out unloading.

Different things work for different guns. with BH and Montana X bore protector if have to fire two 209 clean the gun and fire 2 more 209 and this is after wiping it out with my cleaner to start with. I use a 50/50 mix of alcohol and Hoppes #9 as my cleaner. Lee

Back