I need brass for 9.3x74R?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found ten boxes of 9.3x74R! Cheap! I may be pulling some bullets and reloading at a lighter load. Looking for data for lighter. What powder and amount. Got a Forster co ax setup and have most of the pieces to begin reloading.

Very helpful! I will be hunting this powder. I have several hot cartridges. Tame them down!

The other thing you can do is contact the powder or bullet maker for load info, especially if you can only find reference to loading with "foriegn" powders or older no longer available and they may provide data direct as well (I seem to end up on a lot of Aussie/Kiwi reloading forums in my searches for info)

I have "Lyman Reloading" and "Cartridges of the World, 17th Edition: The Essential Guide to Cartridges for shooters and reloaders" is on my way from Amazon.

Maybe a dumb question, but if I pull the bullet and dump the powder from my loaded 9.3x74R rounds, weigh it and put 60% back in would that work?

Maybe a dumb question, but if I pull the bullet and dump the powder from my loaded 9.3x74R rounds, weigh it and put 60% back in would that work?
No. Some powders are position sensitive

Shooters Reference has quite a bit of data for various powders that Ive seen available recently and a 5 second google returned a rather nice summary of using 5744 for reduced loads in that caliber

Shooter reference has data for 250 gr bullet with imr4166 with low pressure ang velocity at 1886 fps and imr4350 with lower pressure than the 4166 with 2072 fps which should work with 250 gr bullet also data for 270 and 285 gr bullets

Glad I asked. I would not have done so without supervision! I know a local guy who can help me get the right procedures. Still assembling my reloading setup.

Glad I asked. I would not have done so without supervision! I know a local guy who can help me get the right procedures. Still assembling my reloading setup.
BTW, if you are shooting a 9.3x74r double rifle, reduced loads will not shoot to the sights. The rifles are regulated at the factory to shoot a specific bullet weight, at a specific velocity range.

BTW, if you are shooting a 9.3x74r double rifle, reduced loads will not shoot to the sights. The rifles are regulated at the factory to shoot a specific bullet weight, at a specific velocity range.
Yes, it IS anO/U double. Didn't know this. Will reduced loads will just hit low? Or just anywhere?

Latest posts

Back