06/09 Buck Back From The Taxi!!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinks

Reaction score
Got home from work on thursday and had an awesome surpise waiting for me!! Local Taxi dropped off my buck for me!! He's not the biggest one out there, but he's mine!!
IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

Will!.....not to much of a story on the antlers, on Nov.6 2006 I was driving to work with 3 other guys, there was about 3" of fresh wet snow on the road, after we got ~4km up the road we were working on we notice fresh deer tracks. He was walking from side to side rubbing any willow and alder he could find, after about a km of this, he turned and headed up into a cut block. So..on the advice of one of my work partners I took a stroll through the block, less then 80yrds in he was heading back down my way, with a blast from my trusty .308win it was all over!

Then 3yrs later(last fall) I got a chance to try out my new muzzle loader, again a Nov. hunt. I hiked for about 6.5hrs and finally found 2 bucks, the smaller offered himself several times, but I knew there was a bigger one with him. After another 30min or so the bigger guy gave me a shot, a whole lot of smoke and a short tracking job later.....I had a beauty cape for my 06 antlers!! And here he is....my 06/09 buck!!! The cape came with a whole lot more work, after I got him all packed in the back pack, it was a short 1.5km hike to the truck!!......Next one will be coming out in 2 trips.........not one!!!!!

Perry

Latest posts

Back