How much would you pay???

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hulions

Reaction score
How much do you guys think a new in box remington Model 700 ML is worth. My local gun shop has one with the 24 inch barrel but they are still wanting $370 for it. I have read a lot of good things about this gun. What dou guys think about the price and the gun.

The barrel is fron Bergara,but I don't like the stock which is empty inside so realy noisy in the wood when branches hit the stock.
Moose1

no the barrel is not made by bergara. Although they do offer it as a custom build for the centerfire rem700

$370 IMO is way over priced for that rifle. They are accurate but $370 accurate.

blue or stainless? $370 sounds like about the same price the stainless model sold for when they first came out. i paid $289 for my blue model that i bought new years ago. as far as the hollow stock goes, i removed the rubber recoil pad and filled the stock with spray foam insulation. this took cars of the hollow sound without adding weight.

quigley said:
You can get a Accura for $289.00.

Dont forget about the SS / QR breech plug Optima for $249 I honestly think its probably one of the best deals on the market right now.

It is a stainless with the #11 cap. I have other BP guns just was thinking about a 700 Ml to tinker with. I thought about putting a 209 conversion kit on it and a walnut stock. Just wanted to see if it was worth the price and what comments you had about the gun.

Oh yea, it's a 50 caliber.

Hulion - not unusual to ask a specific question and have replies for other rifles that have nothing to your question.

Hulions

Course you know I think the M700ml is probably one of the best old muzzleloaders built. They are accurate, durable and great to hunt with...

$370 even though new is a bit to stiff....

You can pick up really good used ones for $250 online - although you will not find many 24" or 45 cals on line.

They are Douglas Barrels on REM 70ML.
$370 is alot but it all depends on how bad you are some else wants it and is willing to pay.I love my REM 700 ML and while i do love it,i would not give that much for it and as some one already posted it.The 209 conversion Kit alone will cost you $55.00.
$300.00 is a fair price for one with the #11 cap type gun.
PS: i did not give but $210.00 for my REM 700ML 50 cal Stanless off of GunBrokers.com about 2 years ago and it was just like new.Not a Hair out of place on it are in it,LOL

Personally i wouldnt offer over $300 but it would make a nice base for a semi custom.... considering a few of the newer mods available.

Sabotloaders conversion is super sweet and if they made them like his back then....i would have bought one....that shotshell hull still makes my chuckle. So simple cheap and effective. :yeah:

The new total ML conversion for Rem700 centerfires looks like the bomb.

There is one For Sale in the Classified Section. I still like the looks of this ML as I am a Remington 700 guy. I wish the blowback was not so bad or I would buy one.

jsteurrys said:
There is one For Sale in the Classified Section. I still like the looks of this ML as I am a Remington 700 guy. I wish the blowback was not so bad or I would buy one.

believe me the blowback is HORRIBLE i had one and sold it ..cleaning it was also a pain in the butt ..too many parts to remove for a good cleaning. i also ruined the bottom of my scope [toasted] from the blowback ........BUT it was very accurate ...

black powder

believe me the blowback is HORRIBLE i had one and sold it ..cleaning it was also a pain in the butt ..too many parts to remove for a good cleaning. i also ruined the bottom of my scope [toasted] from the blowback ........BUT it was very accurate ...

Not anymore the Canadian coversion solved most of the blow back problem... The Remington system was terribly dirty....

Here is another conversion I am working on...

First part:
http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/phpBB ... hp?t=15537

Second part:
http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/phpBB ... hp?t=15567

Back