How many muzzleloaders does the average member own?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcrik

Reaction score
We have only 4 right now....I'll bet we are on the low side.
funny thing though....we have only 1 traditional custom Pennsylvania long rifle and we shoot it the least.

mcrik

I never concern myself with how many rifles someone has acquired, but how well he shoots the ones they own. I have friends that own one traditional rifle and never saw the need for another one. Unfortunately, I am not one of them people as I tend to collect things.

Besides rifles, many of us own custom barrels as well. But in all I have a couple dozen rifles, barrels, and black powder handguns. And I enjoy every one of them.

Right now I have 3.

T/C Omega .50 cal., GreenMountain .54 cal. "Brush Rifle", and my old faithfull Knight LK-93 .50 cal.

just one encore. I am just not much of a gun collector or keeper If i really like a gun i keep it and if i find one i like better, i sell it and get the that one . I do the same thing with fly rods ,. I have a 4 wt , 5 wt and 7 wt but no two the same . :roll: :roll: I am just kinds weired that way , never had more than one bike at a time , one car , one truck , one bow or one home , one shot gun , one pistol , or one women , I am lucky i have not found another women better that the one i have , but then again i am NOT looking either !! lol :D :D

Four right now, but thinking about selling my rossi miniloader since my daughter outgrew it. Keeping the Omega, White, and Knight for now. Omega (100 gr BH and 250 gr SW with mmp black sabot) and White (60 gr Pyro P and 460 gr NE) will shoot MOA if I do my part for 3 shot groups. Have not shot the new to me Knight SS LK-93 yet, but like what I am seeing so far. Just traded for it and completely stripped it down last night and made it look like new again.

10 and thats it,i'll never buy another,i'll never buy another,i'll never buy another! :lol: ....karl

I just got into muzzleloading last year so right now I only have one. I really don't feel the need to get another unless I start feeling dissapointed with it or I feel I need to upgrade to something better. I currently have an Optima Elite and really like it. I love the amount of gun you get for the price from CVA. I might trade up to the Apex in a couple years if I decide I want something new.

I have 3 right now. T/C Hawkens 50 cal., a T/C Omega and a T/C Encore Endeavor.

Only (2), a TC Triumph & a Knight Disc Extreme, both 50 cal. No room in the safe for anymore; own LOTS of centerfires & pistols!

Started the year with 12 but now I'm down to 8. 4 Whites- 3 in .504 and 1 in .451, 2 .50 Knights (both unfired), 1 GMB .54, and a Lyman .54 flinter. I think I'm good for awhile 8) .

3. (1) A .50 caliber Hawken (Italian made) that I put together from a kit about 30 years ago, (2) a T/C .54 Hawken I bought about 12 years ago and (3) a Remington 700ML Stainless .54 caliber that I bought about 6 years ago. These three do all I need from a ML, and currently have no plans to acquire another.

not 2 sure but off the top of my head 6 whites,a gonic,3 cva's,a rem,2 italian kits,a parker hale whitworth and 2 tc's so that's about 16 without going to the safe to check 4sure :wink: 8) 8)

Three Whites, NEf Huntsman, Lyman flint, T/C Hawken .54, T/C Omega, CVA Optima Elite, Knight Rolling Block. I think I got them all. Obviously can only shoot one at a time so I must be a collector. Other than the Whites which are untouchable compared with all the rest, the next best one seems to be the NEF Huntsman with the new MU breechplug. The third one is the Optima Elite which also has a .270 barrel and a 12ga. Turkey barrel.

You know I was gonna list mine, but then a light came on...I bet the government would like this info too!!! I have one pellet rifle!! :wink:

Back