Hello from South Central Washington State

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,
I just joined the site. I’ve been muzzleloading for close to 35 years. I really enjoy shooting muzzle loaders. I have harvested quite a few deer and Elk over the years with my TC .50 cal. Hawken with a green mountain barrel. I have gotten into inlines in the last couple years. I purchased a .50 TC Triumph a couple years ago and a CVA LR-X a few months ago.

Hello,
I just joined the site. I’ve been muzzleloading for close to 35 years. I really enjoy shooting muzzle loaders. I have harvested quite a few deer and Elk over the years with my TC .50 cal. Hawken with a green mountain barrel. I have gotten into inlines in the last couple years. I purchased a .50 TC Triumph a couple years ago and a CVA LR-X a few months ago.
Hi and welcome. How do you like the LR-X? I just picked one up for a mule deer hunt, and I'm adding a Harrel's Precision sabot brake to it now. Just curious on your load data and performance.

Hi and welcome. How do you like the LR-X? I just picked one up for a mule deer hunt, and I'm adding a Harrel's Precision sabot brake to it now. Just curious on your load data and performance.
I really like the gun, but I’ve had issues sighting it in. It inherently shot low. I had to get a lower front sight from Williams because I had the rear ramped all the way up. It helped but I had to find a taller rear ramp. It’s not as accurate as I had hoped. I’m still trying different bullets. It shoots the Hornady bore driver 290 grain pretty well with BH 70 grains by weight. Also Barnes sabot 290 grain with 3 White Hots. I’m still experimenting. It’s more accurate than the TC triumph I bought. I’ve gotten some pretty good groups with the LR-X. I added a muzzle brake and it made a big difference in recoil. It’s a keeper. I’m going to try the larger Hornady 340 grain bore driver next. I’ve only had the gun a few months. Haven’t had it hunting yet.

I really like the gun, but I’ve had issues sighting it in. It inherently shot low. I had to get a lower front sight from Williams because I had the rear ramped all the way up. It helped but I had to find a taller rear ramp. It’s not as accurate as I had hoped. I’m still trying different bullets. It shoots the Hornady bore driver 290 grain pretty well with BH 70 grains by weight. Also Barnes sabot 290 grain with 3 White Hots. I’m still experimenting. It’s more accurate than the TC triumph I bought. I’ve gotten some pretty good groups with the LR-X. I added a muzzle brake and it made a big difference in recoil. It’s a keeper. I’m going to try the larger Hornady 340 grain bore driver next. I’ve only had the gun a few months. Haven’t had it hunting yet.
Let me know how it goes....I will post up my results with the sabot brake when I get it all back from the machine shop this week, and after I get it in my paint booth and Cerakote the brake and Variflame breech plug

Latest posts

Back