..... Hammer won't come back.............

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawgslayer

Reaction score
:evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:
Just got back from the range and I am really PO'D :!: :!: :!: I bought a RUGER SINGLE SIX 22LR/22MAG at the beginning of this month and now I can't draw the hammer back. I put in the 22 mag cylinder and its the same. The hammer will not draw back.
ANY ONE ELSE HAVE THIS KIND OF PROBLEM :?: :?: :?:
THANKS TO ALL WHO REPLY :!: :!: :!:

:twisted: :evil:

Works fine. I cleaned it again last night after I got off of here and once again the hammer is free again. Brfore I cleaned it I removed the cylinder and replaced the pin and it worked fine :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Just me mind you... I would send an email off to Ruger and tell them what happened and how upset it makes you.

:D 8)

cayuga,

Thanks for the heads up :!: :!: :!: I did get a hold of RUGER and I explained the the problem to the VP. He understood exactly how I felt when I finished. He also knows that I raved about the gun and posted pics on 5 different forums and he knows I'm just about ready to tell the world about my problem. He told me that Ruger will send me a pre-paid overnight UPS label and have my gun back to me within a week. I'm going to try it again on Friday and if the problem wasn't the oil on the pin to be expecting my call. I'll let you know how it goes. I also found out that he is from Chicago, about 2 miles from where I live. :wink:

HAWGSLAYER..........AKA, 22 MAG :!: :!: :!:

HEY if that cylinder rod is not pushed all the way in the hammer will not go back. That has happened to me , other than that i have about 4000 rounds thre mine with no problems

I second FUNMAN, I experienced that on ALL my Ruger single actions. It's a common problem with them and I had a habit of constantly checking that cylinder rod before pulling the trigger.Good Luck

:D :)

Revolver is back from RUGER and they told me that the hammer had to be replaced. A very uncommon problem. Ruger was great. Their customer service personal, and repair dept manager was really great. Ruger sent me an onvernight express label and 3 days later I had my revolver in my hand. I've shot about 400 LR's since I've gotten it back and haven't had any more problems.
RUGER GETS 5 STARS IN MY BOOK :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Back