Gonic GA 93 .45 mag

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had been looking for a inline plunger type .45 cal with no. 11 cap ignition for awhile. Something iron sighted for shooting heavy lead inside of 100 yards. Ran across the Gonic 93 on GB looked fairly clean in the pics and has a good bore. Seller had it posted at $249 free shipping and accepted my $220 offer. It has a older scope on it which I plan to remove but the rifle sights have been removed. Does anybody know what sights will fit? What is the barrel twist rate? It comes with 3 twenty round packs of Gonic bullets, 400 something grain I believe. Also a couple spare nipples. Any clue of nipple thread pattern? I've see that the bullets are .458's. Hopefully it turns out to be a shooter. I have plenty of 3f black powder to feed it. Any thoughts, comments opinions or advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Slinging, it's been a little slow around here lately, don't give up. Plenty of helpful guys around here.
I know very little about the Gonics, except they were supposed to be of quality comparable to the old Whites that some of us shoot.
What is the twist rate of those? {You can check with a ramrod and a tight patch if you can't find info)
Is it drilled and tapped for sights, or does it have a dovetail slot?
Is there provisions to mount a peep sight, like the Lyman 57?
And we need some pictures, man!

Slinging, it's been a little slow around here lately, don't give up. Plenty of helpful guys around here.
I know very little about the Gonics, except they were supposed to be of quality comparable to the old Whites that some of us shoot.
What is the twist rate of those? {You can check with a ramrod and a tight patch if you can't find info)
Is it drilled and tapped for sights, or does it have a dovetail slot?
Is there provisions to mount a peep sight, like the Lyman 57?
And we need some pictures, man!
Will post some pics when she arrives.

I had been looking for a inline plunger type .45 cal with no. 11 cap ignition for awhile. Something iron sighted for shooting heavy lead inside of 100 yards. Ran across the Gonic 93 on GB looked fairly clean in the pics and has a good bore. Seller had it posted at $249 free shipping and accepted my $220 offer. It has a older scope on it which I plan to remove but the rifle sights have been removed. Does anybody know what sights will fit? What is the barrel twist rate? It comes with 3 twenty round packs of Gonic bullets, 400 something grain I believe. Also a couple spare nipples. Any clue of nipple thread pattern? I've see that the bullets are .458's. Hopefully it turns out to be a shooter. I have plenty of 3f black powder to feed it. Any thoughts, comments opinions or advice would be appreciated.
I think you should take it to a gunsmith you can trust and ask them. It's also good to build relationships with knowledgeable folks like that. Even if he or she can't find what you need, they probably can send you to someone who can. You can also try Numrich Gun Parts, and see if they have anything like that.

I had been looking for an inline plunger type .45 cal with no. 11 cap ignition for awhile. Something iron sighted for shooting heavy lead inside of 100 yards. Ran across the Gonic 93 on GB looked fairly clean in the pics and has a good bore. Seller had it posted at $249 free shipping and accepted my $220 offer. It has an older scope on it which I plan to remove but the rifle sights have been removed. Does anybody know what sights will fit? What is the barrel twist rate? It comes with 3 twenty round packs of Gonic bullets, 400 something grain I believe. Also a couple spare nipples. Any clue of nipple thread pattern? I've see that the bullets are .458's. Hopefully it turns out to be a shooter. I have plenty of 3f black powder to feed it. Any thoughts, comments opinions or advice would be appreciated.
If no luck you can always look to see if you can find a White in a 45 caliber.

If no luck you can always look to see if you can find a White in a 45 caliber.
Thats what i was going to suggest, too. I don't know anything about Gonics.
I have a Knight Wolverine in .45 that I'm trying to restore. It’s a #11 plunger(slam-fire) gun, and a White s91 .451. I’m sure there are others out there. Probably some old Traditions Lightning in .45 with their 1:20”, laying around too.

Back