frizzen covers

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kicked Back

Reaction score
years past I had a brain storm and discovered that saving" all" things made of leather was a good idea. Worn out, damaged, dirty, and so on. I needed a frizzen cover and went to my stash of leather pc's and saw an old glove...the little finger was the right size and I made it into a cover. you can take it from there but they work. have a great thanksgiving.

I like the frizzen cover. Just an extra safety to have when I have a flintlock loaded for a number of months.

<table style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: medium;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tr style=><td colspan="2"><h3 class="post-content">   Townsends - Just rolled out three new accessories, A frizzen cover was one of them.</h3>

Heavy leather and nice tight stitching which most seen aren't, have used their frizzen covers for years with no issues.

</td></tr></table>
Hammerstall-Frizzen-cover_FC-577_web_IMG_9190_100x.JPG

Hammerstall-Frizzen-cover_FC-577_web_IMG_9187_100x.JPG

Our new hammer stall is handmade in Tennessee from a nice, thick leather stock. A lot of organizations require these as a safety precaution. Grab one up today to help protect you from accidental fire!

Hammer Stall - Frizzen Cover FC-577  $6.00

FrontierGander said:
I like the frizzen cover. Just an extra safety to have when I have a flintlock loaded for a number of months.
A good idea I have seen guys do if leaving the loaded gun sit for any length of time is using a frizzen cover and removing the flint. That way if the trigger was pulled the jaws of the hammar are not getting damaged when hitting the frizzen.

Hammerstall-Frizzen-cover_FC-577_web_IMG_9187_100x.JPG

Back