Fit for Duty Coatings

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rost495

Reaction score
If it aint' fixed dont' broke it or something to that degree.

I've talked to Fit4Duty on their internal barrel coating a few times. Talked with some folks at AMU Fort Benning that had some 45s done. I know one 1000 yard shooter thats having his barrel done.

Last time I talked to Doug he says the coating is very resistant to fouling and corrosion. His friend builds BP guns a bit too. Can shoot BP(real stuff) on a hunt and if its around 2 weeks or less, not have to worry about hot water thorough cleaning etc....

Acccuracy has not been affected in barrels to any large degree(average of 0.1 inches at 50 yards in the 45 ransom rest groups with known guns and ammo lots)

And his friend shoots 4-5 rounds before swabbing with a dry patch.

My Renegade barrel leaves Monday and once I start shooting I'll report here.

Just FYI as I like to pass along info.

Jeff

it will be interesting to see what kind of effect this "coating" has on the rifle. Good luck.

Side note I remembered its called Micro slick. years back there was some type of ceramic coating touted in military barrels(IE large) something with the name tex in it IIRC but it was not what it was made out to be so we'll see with this one. Its a 50 buck experiment.

Jeff

Some people teflon coat their barrels on the outside to reduce the fowling and help protect them. This experiment of yours will be most interesting. Keep us posted. :lol:

Depending on the kind of rifle, some of them fowl out terrible on the outside of the rifles. Inlines are probably the worse. And I still see that some people do not take the care to get all that fowling off the outside of the rifle. Then they are shocked when the rifle starts to rust.

Have you ever looked at traditional rifles on the auction sites? Always looke at the bolster area and the inside flat of the nipple area. If the person did not care well for the rifle, you will always find rust there.

Back