First NULA range report

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danjr

Reaction score
Finally got to the range with my new NULA rifle. This was the easiest I have ever gotten any of my rifles, muzzleloaders or shotguns sighted in and grouping at 100yards. I took 6 shots! :shock: Two shots at 50 yards for scope adjustment. Then one at 100 and adjusted the scope again and then shot three for groups. As you can see from the target the gun is shooting REALLY WELL! I am just amazed with this rifle. I took a lot of time between shots and took turns shooting my Slug gun as well as my 7mm mag. I also shot my Knight Disc extreme with BH209 see below.

Details:
NULA .50cal w/o ramrod thimble, Zeiss Conquest 3-9X40mm, 44grns SR4759, CCI 209, 275 grn Parker BE with stock sabot, 68 deg F, light wind, 100yrds

NULA275PBE44-4759.jpg

I also had a chance to shoot my knight DE with the FPJ plug and 250gn SST's. No ignition problems at all! I was looking for a max charge so I weighed out three loads at 85.4gn or approx 120 grains volume. The gun shot relatively well with no swabbing. Next time I am at the range I am going to see if I can tweak this load and fine tune it at bit. BH209 is wonderful stuff!

Details:
Knight Disc Extreme Blued synthetic, FPJ w/ concave breech plug, Weaver grand slam 3-9X40mm scope, 250 SST stock sabot, Fed 209A, 85.4grn wt. BH209, 70 deg, light wind, 100 yrds.

KnightDEBH209.jpg

I just wanted to conclude and give a big THANK YOU to everyone here that provides all the valuable info on this board. Without all of the work and shooting you have done I would have had a much more labored and expensive time at the range with my ML's. Good Stuff!

Take care,

Dan

Great group!! I love to see them ragged holes made by three shots! Great shooting. And the Knight group ain't shabby neither!

Once you get the hang of it, you'll be shooting some really nice groups. Actually, that's going to be hard to improve upon. Nice job.
Best regards -
Cob

Latest posts

Back