Fire Site Ghost Ring

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oregonelkhunter said:
What does it take to mount the front Globe sight? Will it mount a standard 3/8 dovetail? OEH

On my Accura, it just requires a screw and washer.

If you need the dovetail, it comes with 2 dovetails, along with all the assortment of screws and washers.
APP001.jpg

I'm wondering about the FOV at 100yds or so? The front ring looks pretty wide. That would be my concern. Possibly covering much of the intended victim. Let us know how it is at longer distances.

This is the massive coil of fiber optics that leads down to the single fiber optic sight.
truglo001-1.jpg

Installing this plastic ring allows you to go left or right and adjust as much light as you need or as little if thats the case.
truglo002-1.jpg

truglo003-1.jpg

Heres a short movie clip of me adjusting the brightness of the front sight.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmjIIIjRyP4

Thats pretty clever but I wonder too how the feild of veiw will be on a game animal.

How thick are the walls of the Hood?

field of view is superb as far as i can tell. All i had to aim at was the outside dog at 50 yards and it was fine. The front sight walls (the tube) is .148" thick. I'll take it out to 100 yards tomorrow and set up a target and see how it comes into view.

frontier gander said:
field of view is superb as far as i can tell. All i had to aim at was the outside dog at 50 yards and it was fine. The front sight walls (the tube) is .148" thick. I'll take it out to 100 yards tomorrow and set up a target and see how it comes into view.

Any concern about the quality of construction of the front globe sight or its ability to handle recoil? I ask only because I am strongly considering a purchase. Thanks for all the information. OEH

both of the sights are solid, not cheaply made. ive been shooting 390gr conicals with 100gr APP and its a thumping load! No problems at all. I will recheck the screws later tonight to see if anything loosened up.

I tried the sights out today @ 113 yards. Beautiful!! The front green optic doesnt get blurry on the target, Pin point accuracy, great sight set up. I even got the 385gr buffalo conicals to group somewhat. Normally they do 6 to 7" group @ 50 yards, they grouped 5" @ 113 with 80gr APP. They load pretty easily, everything that loads tighter, shoots excellent in the Accura.

glad to hear you like them, they sure are nice my eyes just cant do opens on a rifle anymore.

Latest posts

Back