Finally found some Goex

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saxman

Reaction score
YEAH!!!!!!!

My friends found some Goex BP for me 3F & 4F
This will be used in my Lyman Deerstalker Flintlock 1:48 twist 50 cal

Can you guys help me with load and bullet considerations and also how much 4F to put in the pan and things like that.

About time sax! LOL

Patched round ball, Start off with 60gr, .015 and/or .018 patch. .490 round ball.

Conical load that i know shoots excellent is a 295gr/348 and 405gr Powerbelt Aerotip with 80gr pyrodex. I know you are shooting 3f goex, use 80gr and that will be perfectly fine.

For the pan charge of 4f, start with less than half a pan. It really doesnt take much powder to make her go boom.

You'll find that once you hit the right charge, it will fire off like a percussion lock!

Some CVA Buckslayers in 300gr would also be a new bullet to try, never have tried them my self... Yet LOL.

I think for now I am going to Gander Mountain and buy some shooting patches so I can get going on this project.
I guess I will get some pre lubed.I am not quite into making my own stuff at this point
However,today I did use some empty TC cleaning patch jars (the short ones) and made some 91% alcohol patches and some Windex patches.I looked at the windshield washer fluid I had but it has Rainx in it so I held off untill I could ask someone about that.

Do you use grease or tape on your Breech plugs?

where did ya get the real stuff at?

the gun shop I am going to talk to about the powerbelts deal carrys it. going to break down one of this days and get some for my sidelocks. if I every get them working. :lol:

My friends that I played in Chicago with that drove found it at a Bass Pro in Macon GA

&19.99 a pound
still no blackhorn 209,I will have to order it

Latest posts

Back