Thors in an Accura

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elite-50

Reaction score
Going to try some different loads in the Accura I just bought off of Flinthead. Thinking Thors and 90-100 grs. BH209. Anyone have any info on a the Thors in an Accura?

theres more info on my website with the Thor. My Accura loves the .500" thor in either 247gr or the 250gr ballistic tip with 105gr pyrodex RS and winchester 777 primer.

You're going to love that Accura you bought! Be careful though with the trigger, they are smooth and light.

My best 100yard group with 250gr Thor.
Accura250grBT004.jpg

At 200 yards, i was able to hold an Inch & a half 3 shot group on the first try.

Make sure you get the Sizing sample (free) from Thor so you can figure out which Diameter of bullet it takes.

frontier gander said:
theres more info on my website with the Thor. My Accura loves the .500" thor in either 247gr or the 250gr ballistic tip with 105gr pyrodex RS and winchester 777 primer.

You're going to love that Accura you bought! Be careful though with the trigger, they are smooth and light.

My best 100yard group with 250gr Thor.
Accura250grBT004.jpg

At 200 yards, i was able to hold an Inch & a half 3 shot group on the first try.

Make sure you get the Sizing sample (free) from Thor so you can figure out which Diameter of bullet it takes.

That's impressive!

Thank you Sir, sample pack is on the way. This is Accura #2 I load PR Deadcenters and 100grs. of BH209 in the other one with fantastic results both on paper and deer. Like the looks of the Thors and the ease of loading, never seem to leave well enough alone.

Thats another good point about how they load. In my Accura and Traditions, the Thors load easier than the powerbelts.

Now my dads cabelas on the other had has a .501" bore BUT towards the breech end, it then opens up to .502-.503" down there. We had hunted with the rifle for 3 days before i had him shoot it off so i could clean out the rifle and use a little teflon tape wrapped around the Thor. After that, the bullet stayed right on top of the powder charge. I probably should see if Investarms would replace the barrel but im a little afraid of doing that.

Back