Fast Twist .45 - 1:18 or 1:20

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsteurrys

Reaction score
I have 1:22 twist .45s with Pacnor and McGowen barrels back from when they were in vogue 10+ years ago. I am thinking of doing a 1:18 twist based on Mtn Monkey's experience.

It will be for shooting sabotless 250 gr to 300 gr bullets. I really like the Barnes T-EZs. I don't shoot past 300 yards and while hunting it is usually less than 150 yards.

Whose barrel blank should I go with? I know that I don't want another Pacnor and feedback on McGowen is inconsistent these days.

I have 1:22 twist .45s with Pacnor and McGowen barrels back from when they were in vogue 10+ years ago. I am thinking of doing a 1:18 twist based on Mtn Monkey's experience.

It will be for shooting sabotless 250 gr to 300 gr bullets. I really like the Barnes T-EZs. I don't shoot past 300 yards and while hunting it is usually less than 150 yards.

Whose barrel blank should I go with? I know that I don't want another Pacnor and feedback on McGowen is inconsistent these days.
If you want a barrel for BTB then IMHO a cut rifled barrel is the best way to go. BRUX all the way

Back