Derringer shells

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good to me. With .410 shells being almost unobtanium anymore I have setup for reloading them too. I found they the Bond derringer worked a lot better with their rubber grips due to my large hands. With the little wood grips I could tolerate firing off two shots. But the rubber grips let me shoot it all day.

Looks good to me. With .410 shells being almost unobtanium anymore I have setup for reloading them too. I found they the Bond derringer worked a lot better with their rubber grips due to my large hands. With the little wood grips I could tolerate firing off two shots. But the rubber grips let me shoot it all day.
I have only shot 38 cowboy loads out of this, but managed a 410/45 barrel a while back at a pretty good price, so it should be fun!

Just happened to be looking at Ballistic Products a couple weeks back and they had 2 1/2" and 3" hulls in stock, so I purchased some of both. Of course, they are all out of stock now - crazy fast!

I have only shot 38 cowboy loads out of this, but managed a 410/45 barrel a while back at a pretty good price, so it should be fun!

Just happened to be looking at Ballistic Products a couple weeks back and they had 2 1/2" and 3" hulls in stock, so I purchased some of both. Of course, they are all out of stock now - crazy fast!

Yeah, I bought a couple boxes of their brass shotshells myself too. But that was before the pandemic though. .410 shells are almost unobtanium anymore. The self defense loads even harder to find. Looking at the prices the bismouth shot loads must use gold considering the insane prices they want for them.

What I have loaded up since my original post. These are just hand loads using various powders, some for the derringer to try, some for a single shot for the kids. I am no expert by any means, just having fun and relaxing!

15 Gr Re-enactor BP, 1x.395 RB, 2 1/2" hull.
30 Gr 777, 3x395 RB, 2 1/2" hull.
45 Gr Re-enactor BP, 1x.395 RB, 2 1/2" hull.
30 Gr Re-enactor BP, 45 Gr #5 lead, 2 1/2" hull.
30 Gr Re-enactor BP, 35 Gr #7 1/2 lead, 2 1/2" hull.
30 Gr 777, 40 Gr #5 lead, 2 1/2" hull.
40 Gr Re-enactor BP, 50 Gr #5 lead, 3" hull.
40 Gr 777, 50 Gr #5 lead, 3" hull.
40 Gr 777, 50 Gr #8 lead, 3" hull.
40 Gr 777, 4x.395 RB, 3" hull.

IMG_20240312_163201048-01.jpeg

Back