CVA Wolf range report & pics

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dalberg

Reaction score
Finally shot 100 yards a couple days ago. 250SST with Harvester SB sabot & Winchester W209 primers. I replaced my Weaver bases with Warnes without adjusting anything. Shots to the left are with 80g BH 209 without the adjustments. After those 5 shots I made adjustments and took the powder to 90g and took 5 more. I moved two clicks back to the right and left it. I did notice some difference in loading resistance this time, some loaded very easy, a few were very hard two hands with a lot of pressure not sure why the differences this time. I didn't notice anything like this before. Any way thanks for all your help guys I feel very confident in my shots out to at least 100 yards and think I'm ready for deer season. Thanks again!
Doug

IMG_6695.jpg

It looks like you are more then ready for season. That is some nice shooting. Now find a buck and show him how well you can shoot.. :D

Great shooting!! I havent found any other bullet more accurate out to 200yds than the SST

I believe in how well the wolf shoots. seen it first hand. when ever I buy a brand new gun, it is at the top of the list.

still wish my brother in law would let me try his or his sons. they are once a year shooters. :?

That is some great shooting... That's the nice thing about CVA, you can get good performance at a good price. :)

thanks guys for the kind words. I appreciate the help from everyone here.
Doug

You are my idol! I'm beating my head on rocks and then I look at this post & my jaw drops.

It is amazing how the variable change everything. A couple questions if I may...

How does the BH powder work? Any issues? Very clean? Were you cleaning the gun every shot?

Did you get groups like that with Pyro or 777 ?

Thanks.

BH is very clean I think, I do not clean between shots. Seems like 2 or3 patches with Hops #9 and a few dry patches and its clean. The breech plug gets a little crud but not bad, less than T7 Pellets. I leave it in when I clean the barrel and the face is almost spotless when I take it out, I then just clean the flash hole and where the primer goes, that is usually the worst spot on the plug. I was getting pretty goods groups with T7 pellets but seems like I always had atleast 1 shot that was a flier. So I switched to BH209 changed my sabot as was suggested here and think I found a good combo. Biggest part for me is the ease of cleaning when I'm done shooting, I'm not so crazy about getting it spotless everytime. I actually only take my gun completly apart about every third time I shoot, but thats just me, maybe others would think that is crazy. The only thing I did notice was a little incosistancy in loading the bullet sometimes. Still havent figured that one out. Also thanks for the kind words, I'm not near as good as some of the guys here, but I'm happy with my shooting.
Doug

Latest posts

Back