CVA APOLLO .50 cal

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wishtofish

Reaction score
I have a CVA Apollo .50 cal muzzleloader that I purchased several years ago. It is a percussion cap ignition. I found a nipple socket at the Kenockee Tradin Post here in Avoca, MI that fits a 5/16" socket on an extention. It is 5 1/2 - 6" down to the nipple & breech. My father-in-law was a toolmaker & a long time MLer (shoots a .50 cal T/C Hawken Kit) & had a ground down a allen wench that fit the breech slot. We were able to get the nipple & the breech apart & cleaned up for the season.

I was wondering if anyone knows if the they make a 209 conversion for this rifle? My son is going to hunt with it this coming Michigan Muzzleloading season.

I started muzzleloading with an Ultra Arms .45 cal Kentucky Rifle kit 30 years ago ....... It hangs on the fireplace now...... I'm using a Knight Extreme Disc .45 now.

I had a Apollo some years ago. I found a 209 conversion for it. It was a very accurate ML. Mine had the updated barrel installed when I bought it. Mark

Frontier Gander:

THanks for the info. I didn't know about the recall. I'm having my son look aat the gun tonight to see if it is a recalled rifile. I told him not to shoot it until we check it out further. Our Muzzleloading Season starts here in the lower zone of Michigan tomorrow. He may have to sit it out or use my Knight......

CVA APOLLO Recall

Has anyone returned a rifle because of the CVA recall?

What rifle are they replacing the Apollo with..........

I just found out that the serial number ended in 97. The recall seems to be for rifles with the serial number ending in 95 or 96. I emailed them to see if they could tell me the diferernce between having a 95/96 & having a 97. I just don't see how they would be able to make charges to the barrel with out stopping production & retooling for a new design of the barrel. I guess it depends on the date of the recall.......

I've given the rifle to my son to use for this ML season have in Michigan. I'm concerned that there is still a safety issue with this gun.

I would positively not use this gun. Do you have any other options?

Back