CVA Accura - Wow

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yotecallr

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I was looking at some ML's online and stumbled across the CVA website. I had always thought CVA's were junk, if it wasn't a T/C, then it was junk. Well, I looked at a few of their videos, I was really impressed with the QLPB video so much I went to our sporting goods store, Scheels and
the helpful salesperson showed me a thumbhole Accura on sale for $100 off retail, brand new in the box. I bought it and a few accessories and had a good feeling about starting back into muzzleloading. I scoped it and went to the range to sight it in and used 100 gr measured of BH209 behind a 250 gr Speer GD with a Harvester sabot, Winchester primer. The rifle grouped about an inch at 100 yards and couldn't tell where it gouped at 200 due to the cheezy scope. So I ordered a 3 x 9 Meopta scope from Cabelas and told them I'm sending the other scope back to them. I was really impressed with the rifle and with BH 209, I didn't have to clean the barrel for 20 rounds. Different story if I was still shooting T7 pellets. I feel like I really moved up to the big time with the rifle and powder. Thanks to all the info on this website for steering me in the right direction. :D

Welcome to the club. Glad you have discovered what the Accura can do. Some here on this forum will make fun of your CVA and say they are junk. Just ignore it and keep making keyholes on your targets. :wink:
So your a yote caller? Im going out this weekend to try and call some of those nasty dogs around our farm. I use a Foxpro, not to good with mouth calls. Got the .223 dialed in ready to go.

Thanks quigley, I'd start off with non aggressive howls for a while followed by a hurt pup sound and keep it running until they appear, then get ready for some action.And play them at full volume. Good hunting.

I myself got to shoot an accura this weekend and i was amazed at the quality and accracy of this rifle. I suggested to a freind that he buy one because of all the good press this site gave it. He couldnt be more happy.

Latest posts

Back