Convert a Knight

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xdmalder

Reaction score
Just picked up a used Knight original DISC. I'm not crazy about the idea of using the orange disc's so am wanting to convert it over to a bare 209 ignition. What needs to be done to make this happen. And does anyone have the parts they are willing to let go of to make it happen

You need a Disc Extreme bolt body, a Lehigh bare primer breech plug, and a Lehigh bare primer adapter.
Or you could just buy the Knight bare primer conversion kit. But the Lehigh setup is lots better.

Being an original Disc rifle, it may or may not require a bolt modification?

What is the modification they do in house in order to make it work in an original?

Im not certain. But they said they do some very minor machining to somewhere on the back of the bolt body. It costs no extra and i cant tell on the one that i got from them vs. the one i found on a LGS shelf locally.

What's the downside to the 209 holder built in the bolt compared to the Lehigh adapter

For me it is easier to get the 209 in to, and out of, the Lehigh adapter. I can almost just drop it onto the adapter and it goes right in, also falls outwith a slight tip over of the gun. On the Knight it has to be lined up and inserted into the little grooves and occasionally i had to pull out the spent primers with a tool

Well I see there is one for sale on this site. Looks like I need to get my post count up

Well I see there is one for sale on this site. Looks like I need to get my post count up
The tolerances on mine are so good the gas from the chamber very reaches the threads of the breach plug. I have just the right amount of crush that I wonder sometimes if it did seal. But it does seal every time. No shims either. So much easier to load and unload.

Yes, while your at it get some extra vent liners.

Emailed knight and asked if they sold the bolt by itself without the breech plug. She said no so I'll probably get one off this site

Back