Load Help

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coleridge

Reaction score
Just ordered a Stainless 10ML-II. :D

Can some of you guys give me some powder/load & primer recommendations. I would like to shoot either the 300gr SST or 300gr XTP, but would be open to suggestions.

I am an experienced reloader but I have had no dealings with these guns and no one around here shoots them.

Accuracy is more of a concern than velocity, however, if capable, I do have possible shots 200+ yards.

All input is appreciated.

coleridge said:

Can some of you guys give me some powder/load & primer recommendations. I would like to shoot either the 300gr SST or 300gr XTP, but would be open to suggestions.

I am an experienced reloader but I have had no dealings with these guns and no one around here shoots them.

Accuracy is more of a concern than velocity, however, if capable, I do have possible shots 200+ yards.

58-60 gr vhitavouri n120 will push the 300 gr at about 2250 fps.

Zeroed 3" high at 100 will be 2-3" low at 200 (with sst).

Hope this helps.

Savage Shooter said:
coleridge said:

58-60 gr vhitavouri n120 will push the 300 gr at about 2250 fps.

Zeroed 3" high at 100 will be 2-3" low at 200 (with sst).

Hope this helps.

That would be my exact recomendation as well.

44gr to 46gr of 5744 has been a really accurate load for me with 300gr XTPs and SSTs.

Thanks guys!

What sabots do I need to use?

Anymore input on powder yype/charge?

Thanks again!

I like 43 grains of 4759 under a 250 SST. Has worked well for me. I'm zeroed at 100 yds and get groups around 1". Took a buck last season at 170 yds and 2 mulie does at 120yds.

What sabots do I need to use?

I've had good luck with both MMP AND Harvester sabots. With MMPs you can use either the SS or the HPH-12s. If using Harvester use the SS.

Thanks guys,

I went yesterday to get some supplies & could not get my hands on any N120. I did pick up a pound of 5744. Guess I'll try it with the 300 SST. Will try the N120 later when I can get some. Looks like I'll start with 42gr & work toward 46gr. & see what I get. :D

Thanks,
Greg

Back