chronograph

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jims

Reaction score
I am new to using the chronograph. Someone said you could place it on the bench in front of the rifle held down by some weight to get speeds. In effect it did not have to be, say, 10 feet in front of the barrel. Any problems with that. It would be easier for me than setting it up on a tripod in front.

I would think that setting the chrono that close would cause problems from muzzleblast although I've never tried mine any closer than 8~10 ft. or so.

I think most Chrono Manufacturers suggest 15ft from barrel?

I was once thinking of purchasing a chrono but after researching all of the brands it became a hard decision and I dropped the subject :lol:

I think Pact makes a good one with a printer and I may get it

The instruction that came with my chrony specifically said at least 10 feet from the muzzle. Even at that distance the muzzle blast blows the diffusers off. I now shoot with out them.

It needs to be set up 8-10 feet from the muzzle. The sturdier the better. Generally if it's cloudy, you'll not need the diffusers...if a sunny day you'll probably need them. You're gonna really like having a chronograph.

I have the pact with the printer and love it, I always set my tripod up 10' from the muzzle and never had any problems........Blake

CHRONY

I have used an Ohler 35 since the mid 80's. I never set up more than 12 feet muzzle to first screen. I shoot quite a few rifles which have quite a bit of muzzle blast so always make sure your set up is sturdy.

Back